5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful for little dinosaur-lovers!
Published on 9 Aug. 2011 by pop goes the weasel

3.0 out of 5 stars Price discrepancy
This sounds like an excellent book and one I would be interested in purchasing. However, maybe it's just me but there seems to be a large discrepancy between the Amazon price of £17+ and the rrp on the back cover of £9.99? Some reviews have mentioned an earlier price of £7 which is very good value so what/why has changed please?
Published 7 months ago by Blossom

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful for little dinosaur-lovers!, 9 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
I bought this for my 2-year-old son who is crazy about dinosaurs. I had previously purchased a lift-the-flap book on dinosaurs ('See inside: The world of dinosaurs') but found this inappropriate for my son's age as it has quite a lot of bloody pictures of dinosaurs devouring one another. This book, however, is perfect for toddlers: not too scary (no carnage / blood) but it does depict lots of different dinosaurs, their names, size, and what they eat. On every other page, you can fold out the page to see large images of the dinosaurs together so you can compare sizes and see them in their natural habitat. There's also a brief time line of which animal lived when, plus a life-size footprint of a T-rex so children can compare their own feet with that of a dinosaur. We've read this book loads and I find it interesting for adults, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur book, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
I am an infant teacher and my class were very interested in finding out about dinosaurs. I was very pleased when this book arrived. The pages are made of sturdy card so they are ideal for young hands. The illustrations are brilliant and give a perspective to the children about the size that dinosaurs were. It divides dinosaurs into those that lived on land and those that lived under water and those that flew. On the final page is the outline of a dinosaur footprint and the children loved comparing the size of their foot with this. Most importantly it is written in 'childspeak' so you do not have to interpret the language for the children. I would thoroughly recommend this book for young children and probably up to the age of 7 when they can read it for themselves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great First Book, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
Bought for my three and a half year old Grandson, who absolutely loved it. Large pages,with clear pictures, which are sturdy and would appear to withstand lots of page-turning. Thoroughly enjoyable, first dinosaur book, for this age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars DINOSAUR HEAVEN, 15 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
I was hoping for a good book; Usborne rarely disappoint but this exceeded all expectations. And only £7! Am looking forward to a great week with my Reception Class and wholeheartedly recommend this to colleagues looking for accessible dino info for 4-5 year olds. Not many pages, some that open out, really stiff paper and a wonderful mix of 'real' and 'fun.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction for young children, 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my four-year-old son after he became interested in dinosaurs. He really likes it and now remembers the names of more dinosaurs than I do!

The focus of the book is the pictures, with names and generally just one fact about each dinosaur. The pages are card and fold out to two- or four-page spreads. These show the dinosaurs to scale so that it's easy to compare their size. The last fold-out section is a timeline that groups the dinosaurs into periods. My two-year-old also likes to look at this book, and gives a loud roar when pointing at each dinosaur.

If, like me, you're not sure of the pronunciation of unfamiliar dinosaurs, the book has a link to a website where you can listen to how each name should be pronounced.

As always with Usborne, this book is great quality with lovely illustrations. I'd recommend it for ages 4-7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaurs, 26 Sept. 2011
Sarah Jane Freeman "olive63" (norwich uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
when I saw this book advertised on here I just had to get it for my little grandson. He is dinosaur mad and this book if bright, colourful, and full of exciting information for both adult and child. Its great how the book opens up with large pictures. Another great book by Usborne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
The book was a pleasure to read with my nephew. Lots of information and very clear diagrams. Will give him hours of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG book of dinosaurs., 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
Bought this as a 2nd birthday present for a dinosaur fan and a year later he still loves it! The size and pull out pages make it a novelty that keep young readers enthralled. The facts are short and sweet, enough to develop knowledge while not being information over load. There's lots to look at and talk about on each page and we pick this book up regularly and chat about the dinosaurs making up our own stories.

We love the whole series of these books and would highly recommend this and others for ages 1.5 - 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little dinosaur lovers, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
I bought and read this for my Preschool class as a reward. They loved all the dinosaurs, but also the way the book opens makes it interactive. The scientists in the book humoured the children and it was a firm favourite in our reading time. The older children found the information easier to follow so I would recommend it for any dinosaur lovers aged four upwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for pre-school dinosaur lovers, 28 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) (Hardcover)
My 2 year old daughter absolutely loves this book, it is excellent for young dinosaur lovers. More often than not it is the book of choice for bedtime reading. My little girl goes through each page and names pretty much all of the dinosaurs (also pterosaurs and plesiosaurs) on a daily basis - all down to this book. It's beautifully illustrated. The dinosaurs are quite realistic, not at all cartoon like but they do have a slightly childish 'edge' to soften them just a little. It's educational and interesting. The last page has a life size footprint of a young T-Rex which is absolutely brilliant and fascinates my daughter (frequently comparing it to her own feet, and mine)! We have a number of dinosaur books and this is by far the best for pre-schoolers; it isn't too advanced but neither is it unrealistic. It's a great book.

Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books)
Big Book of Dinosaurs (Usborne Big Books) by Alex Frith (Hardcover - 26 Mar. 2010)