5.0 out of 5 stars Just back from four days there!
Published on 26 April 2013 by Totnes Nigel

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the kindle version
I got the kindle version which was woeful. I am a big fan of the top 10 series but the kindle version is extremely difficult to navigate, doesn't contain maps or diagrams. I had to buy the print version.
Published 15 months ago by Mr savage

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just back from four days there!, 26 April 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona (Paperback)
This really does seem an ideal book for someone taking a short ish break in Barcelona. Reasonably priced and fits in a large pocket, it is fairly easily readable compared to some of the compact guides. The map was very useful and we saw all the main sights we wanted to by reference to this book. A couple of tips - buy the latest version only - this was and one or two things had already changed (the name of a cafe we were looking for for example). The other one - if you want to see the Sagrada Familia (Gaudi's church still being built) you can save a lot of time by booking a slot online before you get there - not mentioned in this book. The queues were around the block for most of the days. Well worth the money if you are heading there and don't know the city.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little guide, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona (Paperback)
Excellent pocket guide, not too bulky or heavy so it will be easy to put in a handbag while we are visiting the city

5.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona guide, 28 Dec. 2013
J. Foreman "JF" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona (Paperback)
This style of guide is easy to read, give great ideas for where to go and what to see. It is in a well laid out format, which I think is better than other guides. It's a handy size and easily fits into my handbag. Would always look for this brand first when going to a new place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - narrows down your options for short stays, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona (Paperback)
We only had four days to explore all that Barcelona had to offer so this book came in really handy to narrow down the top 'must sees'. I love DK Eyewitness books for their relevant information and loads of photos, and the sturdy map that was included was really useful. Would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars I have one for every city I've visited in recent years., 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona (Paperback)
These guides are perfect for carrying around in a small bag... unlike the bigger guides that stay in the hotel room... the maps are small, but have enough detail to find you way around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Top 10 DK Guide, 14 April 2013
Stuart Cornes - See all my reviews
If I am visiting a city I usually buy the DK Top 10 guide. This one lives up to the high expectations I have of them. The guides are excellently presented and produced on quality glossy paper in a convenient, pocket-sized format. Superb photos backed up by the key information needed to plan and to make the most of a stay of a few days in a city.
I waited for the recent 2013 re-issue of the Barcelona Guide. I did notice that price information was not up to date - for example the entry fee to Palau de Musica Catalana was €15 in the guide but is now €17. However, the guide more than warrants it's 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide for the short stay tourist, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona (Paperback)
Well structured book, clear maps and recommendations for a first or even second visit
Handy size
Will look for other city guides by the same publisher in future

5.0 out of 5 stars Carryied it everywhere until family snatched it, 24 Feb. 2014
Wayne Wilmot (Clarksburg, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This book was so popular that I had trouble borrowing it back from family members. At least they knew where we were going. I just followed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative!, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona (Paperback)
I picked this one over others as I have had Eyewitness guides before and found them to be perfect for me.
They are packed with information but without being "over the top". It tells you the things you need to know not just where a 5 star hotel is!

I would definately recommend this to anyone who has never ( and those who have like me!) been to Barcelona as its so helpful and a good size to pop in a bag!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic guide for a short trip but you'll need a more detailed map too, 11 Sept. 2014
We got this for a long weekend's trip to Barcelona with 2 children (7 and 11). We hadn't been for about 14 years so it was amazing to see how much the city had changed. This guide was just what we needed. It is pocket sized so easy to carry around. My only gripe is that the maps were too small to read without glasses and they weren't detailed enough.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Barcelona by Ryan Chandler (Paperback - 1 Feb. 2013)
Used & New from: £3.78