4.0 out of 5 stars love DK guides
Published 8 months ago by Lesley-Kent

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not great
I used this for a 2 week trip I had from Singapore up to George Town. I had the DK book, while a friend I traveled with had the Lonely Planet (LP) version for Singapore/Malaysia. Overall, the DK book had a nice introduction on the history, culture, natural world and people that live in the area, but for information to travel around it was a little too brief...
Published 18 days ago by That Guy

4.0 out of 5 stars love DK guides, 30 Oct 2013
I bought this Malaysia guide to research more about the country and its sights and best destinations when trying to decide on a luxury holiday. It does a good job, as do most of the DK guides, on the culture, sights, geography, etiquette, history, and traditions of the country. Excellent colour pictures to entice the traveller, and well written text. I didn't decide on a trip to Malaysia this time, but it is definatly on my wish list for a future visit!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, not great, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Malaysia & Singapore (Paperback)

The book is, to it's credit, not bad. However, it really lacks the depth of information found in the LP guide. The DK book places emphasis on pictures and would be useful if you are (pre)planning a well organized trip to the area. However, if you are planning on doing things on the spur of the moment (as frequently happened on my trip) I would strongly recommend getting the LP guide. The "Bible" for the area is the LP guide to South-East asia, but this covers additional neighbouring countries.

If you are just visiting Malaysia/Singapore then LP guide to Singapore & Malaysia is what I would recommend, though this DK book does offer some information it's simply not as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Singapore Travel Guide, 19 Jun 2014
Brilliant piece of information and guide to Singapore and beyond. There is history, travel recommendations and loads of facts to digest - it provides so many choices to explore, giving everything a flavour. Something in the book for every type of visitor whatever their hobby or interest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 6 May 2014
I am travelling Malayasia and Singapore at the end of the year and have been looking for a travel guide for ages. This is the most up to date one I found and it has the perfect combination of information and pictures. Very detaield book and perfect for planning my travels around Malaysia and Singapore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyewitness, 3 Feb 2014
Eyewitness books are always my first choice for travel guides. They present relevant information in a very eye-catching way, with excellent photos, maps and illustrations and useful text. I feel that other guidebooks often go overboard on either text or pictures; these guides have a perfect balance of both. Also handy is the fact that they're very compact and easily portable.

I also love the Top 10-guides from this same publisher, I bought one for Singapore and would have purchased a Kuala Lumpur one had it been available! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardly used!, 3 Jan 2014
K. WILLIAMS - See all my reviews
Really good guide but I had to cut short holiday so didn't get full use of it. A stunning country.

5.0 out of 5 stars DK Guide, 9 Dec 2013
an excellent guide with fine images / maps and intelligent and helpful information, all beautifully designed and printed on good quality paper

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Malaysia & Singapore
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Malaysia & Singapore by Ron Emmons (Paperback - 1 Aug 2013)
11.19