5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful holiday guide
A comprehensive guide to Malta,used it on our recent holiday to Malta and can thoroughly recommend it to fellow travellers.
Published 10 months ago by bvh

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
We were very disappointed with this book. We even wondered whether the author has visited Malta recently, because of the factual inaccuracies. As an example, the 2013 edition refers to the beautiful old buses, but these had been replaced before our last visit, in 2011.

Published 11 months ago by R. Mortimer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Nov 2013
R. Mortimer "mamorti2" (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews

Any short guide will have its limitations, but we found the amount of duplication and lack of detail quite frustrating. In our opinion it would be better to buy a more detailed book, even if it is a little bigger. Alternatively, do your own research on the internet - it's what we did in the end, anyway.

Having always been fans of DK books, this one just isn't up to the usual standard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Informative but very out of date, 27 Jun 2014
ljd (South West, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Malta & Gozo (Paperback)
I bought this because it was the most recently published Malta guide book at the time, and I therefore expected it to be the most up to date. Unfortunately I was very wrong as a lot of the detail is woefully outdated. For example, it notes that Valletta shuts down at night and that it is difficult o get dinner in the city - this couldn't be more wrong as there are lots of wonderful restaurants and cafes, with tables set up in many streets and live music all over the place.
This book is only useful as a very basic outline of tourist attractions but for details such as correct opening times and admission prices you need to check online.
Immensely disappointed that this was reprinted without having been properly updated. Will put me off buying another DK publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful holiday guide, 18 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, compact and consise travel guide, 8 Nov 2013
A really helpful, convenient size travel guide, which helped us to prioritise how we spent our limited time in Malta.

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 8 Nov 2013
Pocket size for ease of carrying around and frequent reference plus lots of useful information on places to see, where to eat and especially things to avoid like driving your own hired car

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 7 Nov 2013
Just got back from Malta and found this book very helpful. Lots of good ideas for tours on foot.. Places to eat etc. It really helped us get the most of our hols. Will buy an eye witness guide again for next holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Malta book, 23 Aug 2013
Very good service, very happy with product. Trip to Malta planned for next month, so looking forward to using my guide book then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good! :), 15 May 2014
A very good book for when we visit Malta in June ... Full of answers about almost everything one might ask :)

4.0 out of 5 stars gozo here we come, 13 May 2014
i have not been on holiday yet ( 8 weeks to go ) but i have read the book it's given loads of tips, prices, and places to visit lots of ideas for days out

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 5 May 2014
I bought this for kindle as I will take my kindle on holiday so it means I will have the guidebook with me. It's informative and although I have visited Malta 3 times before, I have found new places in this book to visit!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Malta & Gozo
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Malta & Gozo by Mary-Ann Gallagher (Paperback - 1 July 2013)