Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 July 2014
I've worked in educational publishing and I'm now working as an early years educator, and I am not sure that a lot of thought has gone into the activities in this book. I was hoping for something that would help my son consolidate what he should have learned by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and this book isn't it. I originally bought the age 5-7 book but that's too difficult (and requires a higher reading level than an end-of-reception child generally has) and this book is too basic. The most valuable exercise is the occasional dot-to-dot, and I really do wonder how the colouring in pages contribute to maths skills. I wish I'd had a chance to look at this book before I bought it because I wouldn't have spent my money on it.
on 4 February 2013
Good bite sizes of maths for little folk! I bought it for my 3 year old grandson to get him interested in the world of figures
on 14 August 2013
Super book covering lots of aspects of infant age Maths. I would recommend this book to parents who want to give their children a boost at home or for parents of younger children who are ready for age 5-7 Maths. 10 minutes a day focused time would really bring a child on and give them confidence in the areas that they struggle with. Like the layout and format of the book.
I will use this book in school with my SEN children in my department that need help revising topics/concepts that they find tricky.
I have also used these types of books as a supply teacher as extension work/settling down in the morning work - well worth the price.
on 19 March 2015
Excellent product, I am using this as a refresher for my five year old before we move on to the next book. The timer works really well to encourage them to get started, it's only ten minutes I say! Inevitably he likes to press the button again, and again and so we carry on. Fifty minutes is our record so far.
on 4 November 2013
My 4 year old loved this. It is a great way to get little ones interested in simple puzzles, making connections etc. She loved setting the timer and loved getting a star after completing a page. I would definitely recommend.
on 25 March 2015
Very fast delivery arrived prior to estimated delivery date. Perfect condition
Good learning toy to help introduce maths, nice that you can wipe off and try again another time portable can be taken with you in car etc
on 6 December 2013
Good simple book I purchased for my son, he enjoys doing the questions and likes that he has a timer. I have purchased the next one up for my daughter who also enjoys it but I'd say that one is a little more difficult.
on 19 February 2014
Timer a great idea. Interesting works sheets for young children to work through with minimal guidance from parents. Would recommend it.
on 11 April 2013
I bought the more difficult books in this series for my older children. I don't think the age 3-5 book is as good as the others because quite a few of the questions are just about colouring in pictures, but my youngest daughter does enjoy the book and it makes her think.
on 31 July 2014
Brilliant idea. Have used these activities in between the structured lessons delivered by the teacher.