Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 June 2014
Definitely more for the 7 year olds than the 5 year olds. I bought this for my son who's just finishing reception (and is 5 and 3/4 years old) and it's too difficult. To be able to do the work independently, your child will have to be able to read sentences like 'Write 26 in words' (the first question in the book). I've bought the book down to see us through the summer holidays and consolidate the knowledge from this year.
on 21 February 2014
This balances well between teaching a concept and practicing it - they are a good number of questions per page at differing levels. It isn't dis-similar in approach in that respect from a number of other publications, but what I loved and the children loved was the chance to time themselves and know that it really was only ten minutes.

It's amazing what a little gimmick can do in terms of a child's enthusiasm to run upstairs and do maths!!

I have used this book in two ways, firstly starting at the front and working through, but then when my child has been doing a certain topic in maths, I have gone to that page and the focused practice has helped her comprehension of the subject at school.

I like Carol Vorermans way of teaching the subject - I think the style of her books is user friendly and engaging, but this timer really helps and is a great concept.
on 23 April 2013
Brilliant maths book, age appropriate, a great support for the maths they do at school, the book is fun and easy for them to do without being too easy.
on 8 May 2013
I have enjoyed doing this book with my daughter, not only has this helped her but it has also helped me as I have never been that good with the maths side of things, it's built my confidence as much as it has my daughters I would recommend to book to anyone.

Victoria smith
on 11 April 2014
Bought this for my daughter who is aged 6yrs, it is easy to work through & she enjoys the timer, but tends to work on even after it bleeps!! A worthwhile purchase to keep the interest in learning maths :-)
on 14 August 2013
Super book covering lots of aspects of infant age Maths. I would recommend this book to parents who want to give their children a boost at home or for parents of younger children who are ready for age 5-7 Maths. 10 minutes a day focused time would really bring a child on and give them confidence in the areas that they struggle with. Like the layout and format of the book.
I will use this book in school with my SEN children in my department that need help revising topics/concepts that they find tricky.
I have also used these types of books as a supply teacher as extension work/settling down in the morning work - well worth the price.
on 7 October 2013
Bought one each for my 4 and 7 year old girls - they really love it- motivated by the 10 minute timer. It's a good idea as 10 mins seems like more of an achievable time to actually sit down with each child and they like the time we spend working through the book.
on 4 May 2015
This was a fantastic purchase for my 5 year old son.
He's more than happy to do 10mins and the timer helps keep him motivated.
The work is within syllabus guidelines but also includes fun pictures and little games allowing them to cover all areas including measuring, shapes, counting lines etc.
Really pleased with this book.
on 20 July 2015
I was surprised how enjoyable my 'not into maths' son found this. It joins various other techniques - maths related websites and games - to help him have a chance to keep up with a subject that he finds difficult.
on 10 March 2014
Some really good stuff which my daughter enjoys. The timer is great encouragement. But as some if the work has not yet been covered in class we have to skip quite a bit - sure we will come back to it though.