4.0 out of 5 stars As always, one more rough guide reaching perfection.
Being a regular rough guide buyer, I didn't have to think a lot about it when the time to choose came.
To begin with, the size and weight of the book is ideal for holding and carrying along. Much more important, the accuracy of information and the quality of the content is what makes it worth buying.
In this particular one I found only a couple of things for...
Published 15 months ago by MOUCHTARIS MICHAEL

3.0 out of 5 stars Rough? Really?
Published 14 months ago by MISS LEAH GRIFFITHS

4.0 out of 5 stars As always, one more rough guide reaching perfection., 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Mexico (Paperback)
In this particular one I found only a couple of things for which I was not left totally satisfied. First, I would expect that when it comes to a big metropolis like mexico d.f. more restaurants representing REGIONAL cuisines would be mentioned. Since I wanted to taste some yucateca food, I had to leave the guide aside and search in the Internet spending valuable time.
Another thing was the opening hours of cafes etc. Unlike what was mentioned in the guide, I repeatedly found some of them closed. This however can be possibly attributed to the Mexican "relaxed" attitude when it comes to keeping the time and not to the guide's inaccurate information. Mexico travelers keep that in mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Mexico (Paperback)
Loaded with great info, jam packed with help to make visit to Mexico the dream that I want. Amazing pictures.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rough? Really?, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Mexico (Paperback)
I bought this book hoping for an easy-to-read, practical and down-to-earth guide. First things first, this guide is quite big, thick and heavy; which is fine of course if it's crammed with cool insider tips - I'm not sure if this book is. I have found it quite useful in parts but to be honest it's a chore to read. It's split into regions with more general sections on culture/history etc at the end, although the pages are pretty unattractive with very few pictures and illustrations. Here it goes into extraordinary detail about things such as 'fauna' or obscure species of bird... so in my opinion this guide is by no means 'rough'. Buy it if you're after a detailed and involved guide, as for me I'll be checking out the Lonely Planet website.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly informative, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Mexico (Paperback)
This was very interesting to read although I found it not quite as useful as other material out there. However I would not want to put anyone off purchasing this, as there is some very interesting information contained within.

1.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GUIDE, 28 April 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Mexico (Paperback)
As with all their guides this gives all the information you'd need. I'm looking forward to my trip with more confidence

The Rough Guide to Mexico
The Rough Guide to Mexico by Stephen Keeling (Paperback - 3 Jun 2013)