5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product
This was one of the best pocket guides I have seen, with a great 'take out' map. It was invaluable on my trip to Rome this week. Speedy delivery and well packaged. Highly recommended.
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by DianneH

Could use more Italian phrases though
Published on 24 Nov 2011 by Christina

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 Dec 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Rough Guide Rome, 15 April 2011
Really good size to carry around. Map was excellent although only lasted 3 days with all the folding and use. Arrived in 2 days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Guide Book!, 11 April 2011
I originally got this book from the library before we went to Rome. However I liked it so much I ordered my own copy to take with us. Very good guidebook with very good map. Fitted nicely in my handbag too.
Just the right amount of information to help you organise your time

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Guide, 24 Nov 2011
Good guide of Rome.
Very useful tube map and separate map of Rome city
Nice size for a handbag.
Could use more Italian phrases though

5.0 out of 5 stars The only guide/map you'll need, 20 July 2011
Guidebook is very well set out, easy to read and great, clear maps including a seperate fold out map for your pocket - usefully includes the recommended restaurants and other attractions.
Much easier to read and use than other guides.

3.0 out of 5 stars NIce handy book, with really good map!, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Pocket Rough Guide Rome (Pocket Rough Guides) (Paperback)
We just came back from Rome. I purchased this mainly for the map and some background info on each of the art work or sight. The concept of a book for someone who is in a Rome for couple of days is bit messy as it is jumping from one district to another and walking wise it would be a real killer. I have been to Rome before so I knew roughly what to expect. I also planned my trip on Tripomatic so I had day to day walking plan with all the sights on the way highlighted so they are as close by together as possible physically as well as historically. What I missed was some kind of coherence, surely one would get bit confused going from ruins to baroque then back to roman times again only to come across some Renaissance church again?
The information is boring; I know you can only put in some basic info but make it bit more exciting by adding some interesting now so well-known things? As the rest of it one can read from the notice boards in the museum, site, villa, etc… I am not sure about the eating and accommodation info as we did not need any of those, and for the real experience it is always better to check on Trip Advisor for the reviews.
But the Map for brilliant! Really detailed, we marked our trips each day in it and just went out with the map.
If you think that buying this book will help you to plan your trip I would say don’t bother. It is nice easy company but not enough details, it doesn’t have any real trips planned for you, and it is bit chaotic. Also price wise it is bit behind, these days trip to Vatican Museum will not cost you 10 Euros but will set you back by 16Euros.
Overall I really only recommend it because of its map and perhaps for covering most of the things that are there in Rome to see.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor guide, 20 Dec 2012
To clarify this review we are owners of many guides to many different locations, and of many different "brands" of guide.

Pros: It has a take out map, some history, and lots of recommendations, it fits well into your handbag or even coat pocket.

Cons: We found the map was quite inaccurate, the history was a little light on and many of the recommendations were of places not as described and on a few occasions places that did not exist at all.

My wife who is often a very level headed woman and fantastic with map reading at one point threw this book down onto the street in disgust because of the errors within it. I was tempted to leave it there myself but thought the map was handy. Overall, I'd suggest there should be better books out there, and the free map in our apartment was actually better than the one in the guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide For Rome, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Pocket Rough Guide Rome (Pocket Rough Guides) (Paperback)
Compact and full of information, worth every penny. Don't visit Rome or the surrounding areas without this guide - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Guide to have!, 5 Mar 2012
This guide was really useful, we followed recommendations on all aspects of our stay in Rome, and we had a great holiday. The coffee shops suggested, the restaurants, places to visit.. they were exactly as described, some even better.
I would recommend this guide to anyone going to Rome, whether for a weekend or a longer holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars rough guide to rome, 18 Jan 2012
this book is very well written and a very handy piece of kit when travelling to rome i was able to plan trips for the whole time i was in rome
it was delivered and promply and was a good price

Pocket Rough Guide Rome (Pocket Rough Guides)
Pocket Rough Guide Rome (Pocket Rough Guides) by Martin Dunford (Paperback - 1 Feb 2013)
5.59