Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 February 2005
This is the most comprehensive book on conception and fertility I have ever come across. With this book, you don't need other books. It is super easy to read, beautifully presented (lots of photos) and packed with practical tips and great information that works! This is a must-have for all couples who want to have the big picture but also want the practical information that no one talks about! Zita West is a bright light in what could be a very complicated world of fertility... she keeps it simple and guides you through the process. In short, the book covers all you wanted to know but didn't even think to ask. Her knowledge on alternative medicine and western medicine is vast and knows how to weave the two worlds when it's necessary in a seamless way. The books leaves no stone unturned as it covers all areas of the conception and fertility process... whether you decide to conceive naturally or IVF etc. Her book will bring greater confidence to all couples who embark in this journey and assist them in focusing on what really matters! Here's to Zita!!!
on 16 February 2004
An interesting read for anyone who is moving toward the babies phase of life. It's easy to navigate and hence is easy to dip in and out of depending on what you want out of it. From statistics on your liklihood to get pregnant in the first 3 months of trying, to what vitamins to take and what to do if you don't succeed as quickly as you want to. An informative book that's accessible to all.
on 21 January 2006
I love this book, it's easy to read and explains both men and womens fertility to them in a comprehensive but simple to understand fashion. I particularly like the way that 'trying to conceive' is broken down into a four week plan, allowing you to guage the best nutrients for each stage of your cycle. I felt prepared and positive after reading the book, and I know I'll be dipping into this everyday. Highly recommended.
on 30 March 2005
After trying to conceive unsuccessfully for over a year, my friend lent me this book and I was impressed. I thought I had read all there was to know on improving chances of conception but the dietary advice, combined with other info (eg soya milk may have a mild contraceptive effect - I previously drank loads) was invaluable.
I'm now 15 weeks pregnant and enjoying Zita West's book on pregnancy.
on 24 June 2007
I bought this book before starting to try and conceive. I found it easy to read with lots of helpful advice, although I did find that some of it seemed over the top, we never did do a detox, for example!

It really came into it's own, however, once we realised that things weren't going to be easy for us. We came back from the doctors after my receiving my husbands first semen analysis, with motility figures, but no real understanding of what is normal etc. The book gave us loads of info about what is normal etc, and then lots of info about different types of treatment etc.

Of all the books I've looked at (and my friends who got pregnant easily have certainly offered me plenty) this one has been the easiest to read. It has plenty of colour pictures, and diagrams, and edited highlights for each section, so you can browse it easily.
on 16 February 2004
Zita West writes in a kindly, no nonsense way offering factual, comprehensive, easy-to-understand information accompanied by interesting pictures and diagrams to aid understanding. She offers practical tips and suggestions to improve your chances of achieving a successful pregnancy as well as information about where to turn if things don't go according to your plans. This book has filled in many gaps in my knowledge - I wish I had known some of this stuff 20 years ago - I would have found biology much more intersting at school if it had been presented this way!
on 12 October 2012
I've had this book a couple of weeks now and while I did know a lot of things in the book it was useful to bring all the information together in one place, and written by someone who knows what they are talking about, rather than listening to various myths that abound on this subject. I am currently making some of the changes in the book and do feel like I am taking a positive step towards becoming pregnant. For anyone considering whether to buy this book I would say it is probably useful to read this before coming off birth control as you can get your body and mind into the right state before actively trying (and you can then take advantage of the fertile peak outlined in the book after initially coming off birth control). However I bought this book 8 months after coming off birth control and it has made me realise that I could just be doing little things wrong which could be impacting by ability to concieve. Hopefully with this book I am now on the right track! Would definately recommend

Just a quick update: I did the detox in Zita's book and then followed plan A for two months. I then had a month off for Xmas eating and drinking what I wanted. I followed the plan diligently in Jan, including acupuncture and I am happy to report I am now 5 and a half weeks pregnant!
on 19 June 2004
This book is good as a start but at least half is dedicated to fertility problems - which isn't a great deal of use if you're thinking of starting a family amd are looking for tips to get healthy yourself and have a healthy baby. THat said the first half explains all the main things you need to know, although I now feel I need another book to go into a bit more depth.
on 31 January 2008
this book is great!!
it goes into every detail regarding conceiving, how long sperm and egg last after making love,how many times is ideal when trying,lots of info about a womens cycle - explaining most fertile times to try.
is great. love the layout of this book and the pictures.
xx
on 7 May 2009
This book is an excellent guide to those planning for a baby, be it naturally or via IVF! As I was having Acupuncture treatments regularly, it was the perfect companion in terms of information regarding all that you can do to towards conception. Very well laid out and easy to follow information regarding calculating ovulation/menstrual cycle, aswell as dietary, excerise and lifestyle help, for both parents.

With todays busy lifestyle and hectic environment - this book is a great guide on how to prepare best to ensure maximum fertility for a couple. There is plenty of advice on different fertility problems, including advice on fertility tests and dietary and lifestyle advice on how to ehance you and your partners fertility.

The advice certainly has paid off as we are happily pregnant!!