4.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into Europe
Published on 20 May 2009 by G. JANSON

Not sure if the prices are accurate. It needs better info on transportarion and getting around stuff. Still helps a lot though!
Published 1 month ago by Fernando S.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great insight into Europe, 20 May 2009
G. JANSON - See all my reviews
I bought this book to help me plan my travels around Europe for this summer. So far it has helped us greatly and given us a good insight into Europe, the places to go, things to see and do etc. The book has lots of useful information and has definitely given us some inspiration. There aren't many pictures which is a shame, but this just makes more room to pack in even more information (and I suppose the idea is that you go to these places and take your own pictures!). I really like the 'Moving On' section at the end of each city as it really helps you get an idea of how far away other places are (including how long it will take you to get there depending on which mode of transport you use) which is really helpful when planning your route.

From previous travelling experiences I would say these books are fantastic to take with you and to get ideas about where to go etc. but don't base your whole trip on them as there is no book in the world that has all the info - use other methods of research such as the internet as well and you will undoubtably meet people on your travels that will recommend places to go along the way!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vital travel guide for interrailing, 12 Oct 2012
I bought this on amazon market place for a couple of quid along with a couple of other European travel guides for my interrailing trip over the summer but this one stood out from all the others for relevant, detailed, brief information about (almost) all my destinations (I actually changed a couple of plans based on this book). I took this round europe with me (I left the other guides at home) and it was well worth the extra weight. Its accommodation list, city and country info, maps, cultural notes (including how to tip), and useful phrases meant it was never far from the top of my backpack. Along with the vital book of European train timetables (essential for anyone interrailing) this book is a must for anyone travelling in Europe (by any means)

5.0 out of 5 stars Restored my faith in Europe!, 31 Mar 2010
I was a little bit cynical about my friends' plans to travel around Europe this summer with the strength of the euro but this has totally restored my confidence that it is possible on a budget! This place also opened by eyes to places I would not have thought of visiting, and provides hostels in a variety of price ranges. A definite must-buy for anyone thinking of going euro-railing, or just roadtripping across Europe. Go for it; it's only a hop across the channel!

4.0 out of 5 stars good book on Europe travel, 18 Aug 2013
Europe has changed over the last 20 years. The old communist eastern europe is now all becoming a big western europe. To travel around requires a knowledge of the customs, facilities, transport, food, accomodation, this is given in this book in good measure. It is meant for the budget traveller. Nevertheless it contains a treasuretrove of information on European travel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as gift, 23 May 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget (Paperback)
Bit thicker than expected but seems very good. Have bought as a gift for someone who will be visiting a few countries and wanted help give them some quick ideas for a budget whirlwind tour and they say they think it's great.
Delivery was fast as was communication when I asked a question.
Recommended seller and book

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Tour Guide!, 9 May 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget (Paperback)
Considering it comprises every country in Europe, the authors managed to make it straightforward! This seems to be an recent updated version...

5.0 out of 5 stars When you start looking for informative books on E, some are a bit too general, not in this case, I found it hard to put it down!, 28 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget (Paperback)
This is absolutely brillaint ! When I first received the book spent two hours just scanning through the book. This will keep me enthralled for ages. When you start looking for informative books on Europe, some are a bit too general, not in this case, I found it hard to put it down!

3.0 out of 5 stars It needs better info on transportarion and getting around stuff, 10 Nov 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget (Paperback)
Bought as a gift, full of all the information required although perhaps a little substantial for a backpack!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but Morocco is not in Europe, 2 Nov 2014
This review is from: The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget (Paperback)
I really enjoyed the book, pure inspiration however MOROCCO IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN in Europe.

The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget
The Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget by Rough Guides (Paperback - 3 Mar 2014)