5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book
I bought this book as it was recommended by a magazine.

I am new to crochet but have learnt fast and it has projects within all of the stitches it talks about.

It is illustrated really beautifully and is well put together.

A book for beginners or long term crochet fans and a beautiful book to have in your collection.
Published 14 months ago by review86

Published 8 months ago by m f jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
I bought this book as it was recommended by a magazine.

It is illustrated really beautifully and is well put together.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had seen the write-ups for this book in several craft magazines so thought it would be a good choice. The book does have some ni, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
Bought this book to re-learn to crochet after many years away from it. Had seen the write-ups for this book in several craft magazines so thought it would be a good choice. The book does have some nice projects in it, and some useful background info, but it is not well thought out. For instance, it takes you through stitch instructions and two entire projects that require changing yarn colours before it bothers to show you how to go about changing yarn colours. There were other small but niggling problems like that. I did not find the photos as helpful as I had hoped they would be. I nearly gave up on the idea of picking up crochet again until an acquaintance gave me a crochet magazine to use, and that had better, more useful instructions and photos than this book, as well as projects on a par with this book. I was a bit chargrined as of course the magazine was also a fraction of the cost of this book! The magazine also had photos to show how to stitch if you are left-handed like my acquaintance, whereas the book had no info for left-handers. I may revisit this book for its projects after I have mastered the stitches using other resources. All in all, a good projects book but not the best instructional book. I should note I am an experienced crafter, and am self-taught in other crafts using similar books - I think if the book had been better organised and edited it would have proved more useful for me, and the addition of info for left-handers would be wise.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you need, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
This is a great book for beginners and intermediates. The instructions are very clear and the photographs are lovely. I like how there is instruction and then a project to reinforce the skill with alternative projects if you would like to try out the skill on something else. It is also good that the projects suggest a weight of yarn rather than a particular yarn which may be difficult to obtain. I bought a few books before I found this one but this is all one needs for quite a while. Well worth buying if you are a beginner or if, like me, someone who just needs to be reminded of crocheting skills learned long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab crochet book for beginners, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
I bought this book after a few others when I wanted to learn to crochet. This is the one! The instructions for each stitch are really clear and easy to follow, with a project after to fix it into your repertoire. Am becoming more and more proficient at this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
i am new to crochet and have already astarted a couple of projects from this book. The instructions are clear, great pictures and lots of hints & tips. Would recommend this to any beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, all in one book, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
This is a good hardback book containing just about everything you need to crochet some beautiful things. All you have to provide is the hook and yarn! The step-by-step guide to crocheting section is clear and easy to follow, and would be perfect for a beginner. The book also contains lots of useful tips and hints, which even experienced crocheters will find interesting. Oh, and yes, loads and loads of bright, cheery and happy patterns for hats, scarves, babies/children, cushions, blankets, bags, toys, and clothing. A good addition to the library for novice and experienced crocheters alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners or the more advanced hooker, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
Bought this at the weekend and have to say its fantastic. As a beginner its really clear and the projects are fantastic and nice step by step instructions. My mum had a look at it as well and she's been crocheting for years and she remarked that it was the most concise clear instructions to doing stitches that she had seen. Well worth the price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
This is a really good book for crocheters It gives the basics and some really good projects as well They get harder as you work though the book

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most complete crochet books I've seen, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
This is is a great book which I first saw in a high street shop and got as a Christmas present. It is full of different ideas and stitches and one of the most thorough books I've seen. I've taught myself to crochet this year and this book has stitches and techniques that you don't seem to get in other beginner books. It also seems to be a great reference guide. I see others don't like the format but to me, it gives you a couple of techniques and then something to make. It then has a bigger project section and these are some great ideas that makes me think, 'I can make that!' Within one day of getting the book, I had made a pot holder. It also seems like it would be a good reference guide for the more advanced crocheter and I can see me using this book a lot in future. I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous book., 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover)
Excellent, superb, met all my expectations. (And surpassed them!) I can highly recommend this book, for beginners, improvers, inspiration...it's all in here. A very good price too. Should have been £25 and I paid £16 incl postage!

Crochet (Dk)
Crochet (Dk) (Hardcover - 3 Feb. 2014)