Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 January 2014
Great Encyclopedia, Covers a whole range of topics from the creation of the planet, structure, The Changing Earth, Mountains and Volcanoes, Rivers, Lakes, forests desserts,Ocean, Urban Areas, atmosphere, to name a few. Its all covered. Wonderful quality pictures, great information all round. Pleased with purchase.
on 31 August 2014
A great book overall, but let down by mistakes and inconsistencies (could be better edited).

For example it talks about when humans diverged from apes, and has a timeline graphic above which contradicts this.
Also, it starts describing certain rocks as igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic but only explains what what these terms mean in the next chapter.

The publisher should have paid more to the proof-readers and editors to check this book properly.

Still, I'm happy I bought this book, and is a great complement to the DK Universe book.
on 28 December 2014
Absolutely beautiful book. My 10 year old spends hours pouring over the pages. In fact, she has a series of post-it-notes permanently stuck on the pages she likes the most. Great photographs and illustrations, very informative and clearly explained and covers a vast array of topics.
on 12 October 2015
I now have 4 of these DK books, and I can only say good things about them. They are large format glossy & gorgeous, full of stunning photos that inspire children young & old. This copy of "Earth" I got second hand & its in great shape & a steal. I will look out for them in the future, I would also love to own "Art", "Animals" & "Prehistoric". I bought these with my niece & nephew in mind, but they will have to fight me to get a look in :-)
on 6 April 2014
Visually stunning book, typical Dorling Kindersley, and a fascinating read, you just want to keep turning the pages, great price, brand new and very well packed - large heavy book arrived in perfect condition.
on 1 June 2014
This is an amazing book that I highly recommend! We did have a few issues with the delivery but it was all worth it !
on 12 June 2015
No other book can be so trusted and has so captivating pictures..All parts are very interesting: here Earth's history is never boring!
on 4 October 2015
A visually stunning book that will appeal to all audiences. I often refer to it and think that every family bookshelf should have one!
on 29 January 2016
My sister lived her birthday present. Said it was bigger and better than the one WHSmiths had at Christmas.
on 21 July 2015
Tells you everything and is presented in a very interesting and visual way A lot of effort went into this.