Most helpful critical review
10 of 10 people found the following review helpful
High on gloss - lacking in content and accuracy.
on 11 August 2014
Firstly the good points:
1) the format of the guide - it's clear and easy to navigate, and
2) the attractive photography and layout.
Now the not so good:
1) At under 300 pages in total, 60+ pages devoted exclusively to Seville looks a little unbalanced (Granada gets 7 pages which includes the Alhambra) - okay, the clue is in the title, but still seems disproportionate.
2) The maps aren't great - e.g. on page 191 - there simply is no generally accessible road all along the coast around San Jose as the map shows.
3) Poor visitor information - e.g. page 205 - Cueva de los Letreros - not open daily! Okay, you can get up to date information on the cave's own website - but you don't always have good Internet access on holiday - and isn't that why you buy a guide book anyway?
.....And numerous other irritating errors and omissions (this is the worst Eyewitness guide we've purchased - others are far better).
High on gloss - but found lacking in content and accuracy.