5.0 out of 5 stars istanbul weekend
Published 16 months ago by alison kenny

3.0 out of 5 stars Only just adequate
I bought this because it was small enough to carry round easily, had a good map and covered quite a lot of attractions. The downside was that it was sparse on actual information about the sites and was quite frustrating to read. I started to long for more details. We tried a couple of the recommended restaurants which were nothing special.
Published 12 months ago by mICHELE Freind

5.0 out of 5 stars istanbul weekend, 21 Feb. 2014
I opted for the pocket guide as I only had 3 days to spare in Istanbul. It was great - enough info without being overwhelming and enough quirky things to keep me away from the crowds around Sultanhamet. Good advice too on the bars and eating places in Beyoglu. To my surprise I managed to navigate the transport system successfully. Good value for money and easy to carry around.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only just adequate, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Pocket Rough Guide Istanbul (Pocket Rough Guides) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pocket guide to a great city, 10 Jun. 2014
We bought this guide for a three day break in Istanbul. As we were there a short time only we didn't want to spend much more than a fiver and had used Rough Guide books and found them very good in the past.

It was great for transport, places to eat (and some excellent Turkish coffee places!) and things to see. It has the rough outlines of historical things and cultural things to experience. As always, Rough Guides give a good overview of the place you're visiting and throw-in some little gems as well that you would be lucky to just stumble upon. The pull-out map was very handy.

We did spend a bit of time researching what we wanted to see and this book really helped us get to those places and get around while we were there. It was very lightweight and didn't take up much space of our small bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars neat and easy, 27 April 2014
great little guide, very easy to use and lots of useful tips, where to go, what to see etc. handy little map, but will probably buy a bigger more comprehensive map.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, easy to use informative guide with good map, 26 Jun. 2014
A. Burke (Ireland) - See all my reviews
An informative, well-laid out, easy to follow handbag sized guide to an amazing city. Comes with a useful map.
This guide proved invaluable on a recent visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic aid before and during trip to Istanbul, 28 Jan. 2015
Fantastic aid before and during trip to Istanbul. Reviews on places I visited were spot on and it's filled with good advice. Well worth the investment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to stick in your back pocket, 13 Jun. 2014
A really useful guide book with good maps. We found it invaluable for our visit and it withstands comparison with similar books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, snappy and easy to carry, 6 April 2014
I like these books as they are portable and easy to carry around, with good tips for a sort itinery

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 April 2015
Helps me to pick suitable tours and dine on genuine turkish cuisine

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Nov. 2014
Perfect book, great to take with us and we got it early too!

Pocket Rough Guide Istanbul (Pocket Rough Guides)
Pocket Rough Guide Istanbul (Pocket Rough Guides) by Terry Richardson (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2013)