Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 June 2012
This was my favorite story as a child so when I found out that I was expecting our 1st child I knew what I wanted to read to my bump. This is a really short and snappy version of the story ideal for a quick 5 mins bonding time.
on 31 May 2012
This book is great for children when they are starting to read. my daughter loves this and before a week she knew all the words and recognised them out of the book aswell. i recommend this for new readers.
on 25 June 2013
I bought this for my daughter to read to my grandaughter. I was getting my own back for the zillions of times I read it to her! Even now 30yrs later there are parts I can remember off by heart. Lovely illustrations
on 7 January 2013
I sewed a princess with all the mattresses and the pea and bought this little book to go with it. The printing is big with lovely pictures and it has be one a favourite with my friends three year old daughter
on 19 March 2015
Posted this to my 3 year old grandaughter who lives in Beijing and she loved it. Little access to books in English so these little tales are a treat.
on 5 December 2012
it's big bold and bright great for little girlsThe Princess and the Pea - Read it yourself with Ladybird: Level 1
on 27 December 2012
My little grandaughter was thrilled with the book. She is nearly six and managed to read it by herself, several times in a row!
on 10 September 2010
Bought this for our granddaughter after she had been learnng how to pod pea's.
She loves it asking for it again and again.
Great for story telling but she will learn to read it herself.
on 8 November 2001
In the beautiful land of Upper-Crestalia King Adolph, Queen Frieda, & their dear son Prince Ralph live & the queen is quite content until her son one day bursts into her chamber & declares that he wishes to marry.
The queen does not like this idea at all so she hatches a plan to prevent her son marrying & she makes sure that the few princesses who do audition for Prince Ralph's wife all fail.
Mad with grief, Prince Ralph tears off in his expensive car down to Lower-Crestalia & when smoke starts billowing out of his hood, poor Ralph is stranded.
To his great surprise & relief, an auto-mechanic pulls up next to him & a dirty young woman in overalls carrying a tool box, jumps out. They get to talking, & the Prince is smitten! Her name is Opal, & she is the princess of Lower-Crestalia.
On the spot Prince Ralph proposes & when her prince charming confesses that his mother has idiotic tasks in store for her, Opal only becomes more determined.
Opal passes the tests with flying colors & that's when the queen insists there be a third test which is the one from which the title of this hilarious book is taken.
Will Princess Opal pass the final test? Will the queen's crafty plan succeed? Read this enchanting book & find out!
on 14 October 2013
My granddaughter is just starting to really enjoy stories at bedtime and absolutely loves this book lovely pictures for her to point things out