5.0 out of 5 stars Another Ladybird collectable

2.0 out of 5 stars William and Kate, The Royal Wedding
Published on 9 Jun. 2011 by Granny Jackie

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Ladybird collectable, 18 Mar. 2011
S. A. Broadhurst "SBroadhurst" (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: William and Kate: The Royal Wedding (A Ladybird Souvenir) (Paperback)
When I was younger, I collected books about the British Monarchy. I have passed on many of the books, keeping only a few books which were special. I managed to get first editions of most of the ladybird special royal family books - the commemenorative editions to celebrate the weddings of both Prince Charles to Princess Diana and also Prince Andrew to Sarah Ferguson and other ladybird books, including The Queen and The Queen Mother.
When the announcement was made of the engagement and the subsequent naming of the day for Prince William and Kate I have been looking at the books released to celebrate the occasion, waiting for Ladybird to bring out their book to add to my collection and here it is!
I was initially disappointed as it was in a different format to the rest of my collection. It is not the same size as the rest of my collection. However, as soon as i opened the book I was glad to see the content is as good as ever. The royal family tree is included of the house of Windsor. The book is full of beautiful photographs of the couple and Williams family.
The book includes a brief summary of both William and Kate's life so far, their meeting at university and their relationship's ups and down, the proposal and their lives now. There is a page about Diana, the Princes of Wales and also Kate's fashion (no comparison made to Diana). There are pages relating to the wedding venue, Westminster Abbey and also a look back at the royal weddings of the past, along with a look to the future for the royal couple.
I really enjoyed looking through this book. The photographs are beautiful, with both posed pictures, but also photographs taken when they are off guard, relaxed in their lives. A nice introduction to the future King of England and his wife to be with a look at their lives and a look back at royal weddings of the past.
Well done to Ladybird - another book to add to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for money and lovely book to add to your collection, 3 April 2011
when my order arrived...the book is not to big and also not too small....the book does remind me when they brought out charles and diana royal wedding which i still have...this book has lovely pictures all in colour and information insert pictures of the other royal weddings of which you forget in time of fergie,sophie the bridesmaids it was nice to see...i recommend it being excellent price and hope that the ladybird will bring out the next book of the day itself so i can purchase...buy it you cannot go wrong..

2.0 out of 5 stars William and Kate, The Royal Wedding, 9 Jun. 2011
I was totally mislead by the title. I expected a Ladybird book on the lines published for Charles and Diana's wedding, which I gave to my daughters. I now wanted to give my grandaughters their souvenir copies of the most recent Royal Wedding. This had nothing on Kate and William's wedding itself, just a collection of photos of them together, plus photos of other Royal brides and grooms. I have a good mind to return the two copies I bought. Very surprised at Ladybird. Canon

5.0 out of 5 stars A Royal Success!, 30 May 2011
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The book is called William and Kate: The Royal Wedding, and is published by Ladybird. It's a square paperback with a distinctive blue cover, with a picture of William and Kate at their official engagement announcement at Buckingham Palace, pictures that will now never be forgotten! The cover is very attractive and Harry likes it, the inclusion of the picture is a great idea and allows children to relate the title to the people it is about with ease. It makes a nice souvenir for children to keep as well, especially those with a genuine interest in the wedding such as Harry!

This also details a lot about the couple, both as individuals and as a couple. It goes from the birth of the pair through to their University days, meeting at St Andrews University, later dating life and then to the engagement, where there are quite a few pictures of this event. There is a double page spread dedicated to William, and also one to Kate. There are various pictures of both of them throughout their lives, more of William than there are Kate, but this is probably due to the fact William lives his life in the public eye and these pictures are more readily available than ones of Kate. There are a few pages about Kate's love of fashion with a few choice pictures of her and her "wonderful fashion sense" which does seem a little OTT but Harry likes this, he's a bit of a Kate fan lol!

The book also mentions Princess Diana and her death, just in passing but enough for the reader to know a bit about her which is nice. She does appear in quite a few pictures throughout the book too. There are a few pictures of the other Royals too, although they play a minor part to the other pictures of the new Royal couple. There are official engagement photos towards the back of the book, including one of the lovely black and white Mario Testano picture which takes up a full page at the end of the book. The photos used throughout are excellent quality, the pages int he book are thick and glossy so it definitely has a nice feel about it.

It is a shame in a way they didn't wait until after the Royal Wedding to bring out this book as it would have been lovely to include pictures of William and Kate's special day, especially both looking so beautiful, but this is still a nice book for children to keep and read when they want. It doesn't appear Ladybird are planning to release another book with just the wedding either. Harry is really pleased with his book, the text is too small and wordy for him to read alone but more confident readers will probably be fine with this. Harry is happy for me to read the words and follow along with the pictures, I think the pictures are what he likes best anyway! It's a really nice souvenir to look back on for one of the biggest Royal occasions of our time!

2.0 out of 5 stars oh dear, 12 May 2011
What a misleading title - what I didn't realise (because I ordered it in a hurry and should have looked at the publication date) is this is a book published before the wedding not after so I had one very disappointed little daughter when it came through the post - no pictures of beautiful Kate in her dress and, shock, horror, no pictures of the wedding cake. Probably my mistake. Come on ladybird - where's the souvenir edition of the wedding itself? I've got a lovely cheesy one from 1981 my Mum gave me and I loved it as a child.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 3 Aug. 2011
As this was called the wedding, i expected there to be pictures of the wedding in it. I ordered it as a gift for my grandma who has the Charles and Di, and the Andrew and Fergie wedding ladybird books and wanted this for the collection. I was so annoyed with it that i have not even given it to her.
This book is from mmeting up to the wedding but NOT including the wedding. If, like me from the title you expect wedding pictures then please do not waste your time on this book and look at one of the many others out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading title, 7 Dec. 2011
Having had a copy of the Ladybird book about Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's marriage when I was little, I was keen to get the equivalent of this year's Royal Wedding for my daughter to enjoy. It arrived today and I was very disappointed that there is nothing about the wedding day itself. Maybe I should've read the description more carefully but when the title of the book reads "William and Kate, The Royal Wedding" I think I can be forgiven for the misunderstanding. I shall be returning this book and hope that Ladybird have the sense to bring out a book that acutually IS about the Royal Wedding.

2.0 out of 5 stars William and Kate: The Royal Wedding, 14 May 2011
I made the same mistake and ordered this in a hurry - the title suggests a book about Kate and William's wedding. Huge let down, it was for my 6 year old granddaughter.

Doting Granny

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Wedding, 16 Aug. 2011
This is an excellent book,unfortunately it was released before the wedding so it contains nothing about the wedding but it does show you the engagement photos and how they both met.It has some lovely pictures,it is very informative and well written.All in all it was great value for money and it came really quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 May 2011
This book has been read and re-read by my daughter who loves the whole royal wedding thing. It has really helped her to learn about the life of the Prince and Kate.

William and Kate: The Royal Wedding (A Ladybird Souvenir)
William and Kate: The Royal Wedding (A Ladybird Souvenir) by Fiona Munro (Paperback - 24 Feb. 2011)
Used & New from: £0.01