on 31 July 2012
I bought this for my son who is 4 and due to start school in September.

He has thoroughly enjoyed practising the letters then rubbing them out with the special pen lid. Each letter is illustrated with an attractive picture by the 'topsy and tim' artist.

I didn't give this 5 stars because the pen container's position on the front cover means it creates a 'bump' underneath the pages - this means that it's difficult to write on those letters that go over the bump (not sure i'm making sense here!). However, this is relatively minor as most of the letters are unaffected. But I do think the book would benefit from a redesign with the pen container positioned elsewhere.
on 3 December 2014
My 2 year old loves this. We've had it about 2 months and unfortunately the pen has ran out, I think perhaps because he writes in them so much. Very good for learning to write letters and understand the flow of text. Helps with pen grasp and is enjoyable to learn letter shapes. I will buy more of these for any children I care for who are ready to start learning to write as they're ideal with them being wipe clean.
on 10 January 2015
Really good book my three year old loves this and can do almost all of it with no help
on 7 March 2014
It is a great book to motivate even a 3+ year old to write. The only flaw is the design of the pen holder. it is impossible to write on the left side because of the pen holder. i had to remove it, but then the pen gets lost.

but i would still recommend it. we still enjoy it
on 18 July 2013
I bought this book for my niece who is due to start school soon, it helped her with how the letters are formed and she found it easy to follow. She also loved that she could rub out the pen when she had finished and do them all over again!
Definately recommended....
on 20 August 2014
Very disappointed in this booklet!
The pen broke on the first use and the way the own holder is designed means you can't practice the large letters as the pages are not flat.
I have a very disappointed 4 year old!
on 21 September 2015
The only product of this type that my son has taken to. Highly recommended. It includes both letter formation and exercises/games. Great for reluctant writers with poor fine motor/hand strength like my son who has ASD.
on 17 March 2014
Identical story and illustration to both paperback and app. So just buy this version for best value for money.
Excellent content. poor design of penholder.
on 17 June 2012
lovely book i bought this for my four yr old who is in early stages of school and she loves it,its great to practise there handwriting and my daughter likes the fact you can rub it off and start again too
on 10 February 2014
My 4 year old loves this book, keeps coming back to it again and again for quiet activity time. Highly recommend.