Format: Board book|Change

on 12 May 2011
My son is 2 years old and absolutely loves this book. The main story is about Farmer Philip and his day on the farm, the fact that this rhymes is great, my son has even started reading along as he knows what is coming next. There is additional text through-out the book to learn the animals and what noises they make. This is the best lift the flap book I have seen. There are flaps under flaps all with something exciting to find behind them. The flaps are sturdy enough to with-hold my son pulling them open, which is a good thing as he tends to be quite rough at times. An additional extra within the book is the ladybirds hidden through-out, there is one to find on each page, my son thinks this is great. I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fun sturdy book for their little one.
on 26 March 2012
This is a great book for keeping little ones occupied - its got lovely bright colourful pictures with lots going on making it easy to explore together. Ive found it invaluable since getting it 2 months ago for my 8 month old daughter - it even helped keep her entertained on a flight to geneva. Have not even started to open the flaps with her! The pages are easily wipped down too - HIghly recommended - im just about to order another in the series.
on 11 February 2014
I've given this four stars as the illustrations are very good, colourful etc, and there are lots of flaps, and flaps under flaps to open. It's well made as long as you give it to an age appropriate child who isn't likely to tear them off. The reason I didn't give it the full five stars is because there isn't much text to each page, however there are lots of things labelled that you can point out to your child or ask them to find in the picture.

Sample text:

Farmer Philip, big and burley, always gets up nice and early
farmer Philip scatters the grain, time to feed the hens again
Farmer Philip brings fresh hay, little pigs come out to play
on 1 March 2012
My 17 month old absolutely loves this book. He finds the ladybirds on each page and really enjoys pointing to all of the animals. The flaps are study so difficult to bend. A wonderful book!
on 22 December 2014
Great, love this Ladybird book, as does our 18month old. Really good having flaps beneath flaps. Though his favourite remains the Busy Building Site book we got first. NB Do not confuse with the Busy Airport etc series of more brightly coloured books which are nothing like as good.
on 4 June 2013
My one year old girl just LOVES this book, she gets endless entertainment from looking at the pictures and lifting the flaps, a beautifully illustrated book with lots to look at and talk about. Highly recommended, I have also bought 'Busy Zoo' since and she loves it too.
on 15 August 2013
Bought for the grandchildren's first A Lift the Flap Book.
He loved it and appreciated the interactive character of the book.
An exciting book for our grandchild
on 8 May 2013
My young granddaughter aged 21 months loved this. The pictures are clear, simple and easily recognized.
I think that as she grows older it might not appeal as much.
on 15 December 2014
I bought this book alongside the busy building site book & my little grandson loves it. I can recommend it for any toddler, it'll keep them busy!
on 17 October 2013
Bought for my 18mth old toddler, she loves this book, never tires of looking behind the flapsand the images are quite accurate, good quality