Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 18 May 2010
What a brilliant book, it was a real hit in our house! It isn't often that you find a book which instantly stands head and shoulders above others of its kind, but this is one of them.

What I liked about it best was that it felt as if someone had sat down and really thought hard about what babies enjoy. The pages were big and chunky (each page being split into two), and easy for my 11 month old to turn herself. The illustrations combined black and white patterns for younger babies, with bold colours and shapes for older ones.

There were touch and feel sections on most pages (the wiggly cardboard being most popular!) but, what I liked most of all, was the language used in the book. It was all kept really simple, things like 'wave at the babies' and 'hello Daddy' and 'broom broom' - phrases that babies hear often and can therefore relate to. For older babies there was a little bit of counting too as well as some simple colour and shape awareness.

It made me realise that whilst there are lots of touch and feel books around aimed at babies, they mostly use descriptive words that even a 3 year old would struggle to grasp the meaning of, like 'sparkly' and 'frizzy' - I'm sure you know the ones I mean - but this one kept it real. This book definitely has the potential for long lasting fun - your baby will still be enjoying it in different ways whether they are 18 days or 18 months old! We loved it!
on 1 October 2011
I brought this book for my 10 month old baby daughter and she loves it. It has bright colours and shapes and textured pictures (velvety material for the cat and birds tummy, perforated card for the house roof and these squidgy soft bits on the ducks tummy). It has easy vocabulary that is easy for a child to pick up and understand.
It looks like I am going to have to buy the whole book set; an amazing book that any prince or princess can understand!!
on 20 July 2013
Got this for my under-one grandson. Loves the touch sensation, and the colours. I like the way that the pages are 'stable door pages', so you can move on and yet leave some of the origional pictures in place which seems to help with progression and keeps the attention going. Grandson can spot this book the other side of the room and will crawl over just to get to it. That's what I call child friendly.
on 12 June 2012
Bought for my 11 month old as he loves turning pages and lifting flaps. I was disappointed to find there weren't any flaps, as the title suggests, but each page is divied in to two, so there are lots of page turning opportunities!
on 1 March 2013
Bought three of these in the Amazon sales recently. They are very colourful and interactive. The only negative thing is that they could have had even more features inside. But my daughter loves them all the same.
on 2 April 2013
My 8 month old loves the book, keeps scratching the fur and touching this book. The book is quite big and the pages are cut in half which makes them easier to turn - my baby loves it!
on 7 September 2011
Absolutely great book for little hands. The pictures and characters are so colourful and interesting. There are lots of textures for baby to feel and enjoy. Definitely recommend
on 20 January 2014
I couldn't really work out the point of this book. Tried to figure it out but maybe I'm missing the point. I usually miss this book out when it's time to read.
on 14 December 2011
My 9 month old loves this, she tries turning the page herself cos she gets so excited! I was slightly disappointed that there was no flaps with hidden stuff behind, cos I know my little one really loves them. I was also a bit surprised there wasn't more touch and feel textures. On the whole though a great book
on 26 March 2014
This is good in terms of color. would be nice if more of the textures were on the lower half of the book