5.0 out of 5 stars The best potty training book aimed at the child
I bought this book for my son in the hope that it would inspire him to want to use his potty. He is almost 3. Other books of this nature have frustrated me as they've often involved the child wearing the potty on their head, or they have somehow given bad/unhelpful ideas that do not help the parent at such a tricky and frustrating time. This book however, is great fun,...
Published on 9 April 2010 by S. Steward

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound failed after about 10 presses
My little boy likes the story although it doesn't cover the need to ask for the potty which is proving to be our biggest challenge. Disappointing that the sound stopped working very quickly. I had bought the book in preparation so by the time we were ready to start training I was outside the Amazon returns window. If I had bought it in a shop they would have exchanged it...
Published 19 months ago by Late night shopper

‹ Previous | 131 32 3346 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great support for potty training, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Pirate Pete's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book (Board book)
It really helps to have another tool for potty training. If "Pete" can do it so can your little one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Feb. 2015
Sian James (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Great book for little boys. Our two year old loves to read it and it's ideal for build up to potty training

5.0 out of 5 stars ... bought this for and now my daughter 2yrs old love this book, 22 Aug. 2014
Both my son who I bought this for and now my daughter 2yrs old love this book. It makes potty training fun .

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 April 2014
My little boy just loved this book. He wants us to read it over and over again. Would highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars my two and half year old boy loved the book as a bed time story, 25 Jun. 2010
My little boy loved this book as a bed time story, yet to see if it has helped him understand using a potty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pirate pete, 1 Sept. 2013
Jack likes this book and goes through this book and pick his own potty out. it's a good book to start with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
I received what I ordered in very good time with absolutely no complaints. The product is all I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for 1st time parents. The pirate theme is a little redundant, 2 Jun. 2014
Just got this about the time my son was starting to ask to go to the toilet, so it was useful to me as a first-time mum with no idea about potty training!
It shows the little one how to use a potty, get an adult to empty it and wash his/her hands etc.
My partner was also surprised when my son starting using the potty successfully (we had read the book just once) as he wasn't sure our son understood the concept, but he clearly did!

The sound button is cheering for when the boy in the story uses the potty or does something well. You can make it fun and also the child can understand that sometimes you make it to the potty, sometimes you don't, and that is ok.

Only slight niggle is that it is the mum who empties the potty in the story, but I change that to "mummy or daddy" or "a grown up".
I also think the pirate theme is overdone for little boys, but for the purposes of potty training, I can live with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab book, 22 Jun. 2015
Brilliantly written, exactly what parents do with their kids. Grandson loves it. Definitely recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars even with this book becoming our sons favourite read, but a good idea all the same, 15 Feb. 2015
Cj Fenney "mumto2" (UK) - See all my reviews
Didn't work for us, even with this book becoming our sons favourite read, but a good idea all the same!

‹ Previous | 131 32 3346 | Next ›

Pirate Pete's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book
Pirate Pete's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book by Andrea Pinnington (Board book - 2 July 2009)