5.0 out of 5 stars The best potty training book aimed at the child
Published on 9 April 2010 by S. Steward

3.0 out of 5 stars I regret buying Kindle version
I heard about this book from Chris Evans on radio 2 and thought the kindle version would be good as it'd be interactive & we could weave it in with other activities. But it just looks like the pages from the physical book have been photocopied. I wish I'd got the physical book instead.

That aside, the story is good and engaging. Just think carefully about it...
Published 3 months ago by Jake's mamma

5.0 out of 5 stars The best potty training book aimed at the child, 9 April 2010
S. Steward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pirate Pete's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book (Board book)
I bought this book for my son in the hope that it would inspire him to want to use his potty. He is almost 3. Other books of this nature have frustrated me as they've often involved the child wearing the potty on their head, or they have somehow given bad/unhelpful ideas that do not help the parent at such a tricky and frustrating time. This book however, is great fun, has a really great message at the core and has definitely ignited my son's interest in the potty. The book also covers things like accidents in a really great way, as they are inevitable, and really encourages the child to not have a fear of the potty. I'd highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real success!, 18 Aug 2009
E. White - See all my reviews
My two and a half year old loved this book and it really helped him overcome his fear of using the potty. In fact, he was so motivated by it that he managed to use his potty in his first sitting! He was so proud when he saw what he had done and said, "Look Mummy, I did it just like Pirate Pete!". I would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars make potty training fun!, 3 Mar 2013
ED Farr (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm sure many mums and dads of boys will agree, that potty training is fine, until they are playing with their trainset or watching the telly. Suddenly, even the most "trained" and organised parent struggles to explain their their little angel, that although Thomas racing Gordon is very good...you still have to go to the toilet.

This book takes away many of the struggles that little boys have. My little boy was 2 when we started potty training because his friends at playgroup were all doing it, we managed fine at the beginning but then began to struggle. Complete with a button to push as the story is being told this book lays out in clear language with plenty of pictures, this book is a great introduction to what the potty is actually for and when to use it.

We made noticeable steps when using this book and my son is now confident of using the "big boys" toilet as well as his potty.

3.0 out of 5 stars I regret buying Kindle version, 27 Dec 2013

That aside, the story is good and engaging. Just think carefully about it if (like me) you're going straight to the toilet because your child isn't keen on the potty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best potty training book ever, 29 Nov 2012
I bought 4 books relating to potty training and in retrospect this one is the only one worth having. Seriously worth its weight in gold. The pictures are great, informative and fun - just enough information without being gross or silly. My 2 year old uses it like a textbook and often refers to it. He has loved reading it since I got it about 6 months ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped overcome fear of pooing in potty, 8 Nov 2010
S. Goh - See all my reviews
My 2 and a half year old son developed a fear of pooing in the potty during potty training. But after reading this book, he overcame his fear and accepted that pooing was normal, necessary and accidents happen but that is alright. Most of all, a successful poo in the potty was worth cheering about (the cheering button in the book helped). The book takes us through Pete's decision to be potty trained, then preparation (types of potty and pants) and his attempts (successful and unsuccessful) in an easy to understand and entertaining way. The book is a board book with a button at the end of each page, that sounded a cheer when pressed. My son liked to press the button while we all cheered along. I probably could have avoided the "poo fear" if I had read this book to my son from the start of potty training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea !, 12 May 2010
Purchased this for my 22 month old grandson along with Fisher Price Frog Potty. He loved the book with the "hooray button" and claps after doing a wee. Some of it is maybe for an older child, but puts fun into learning potty training. He laughed at the picture of the potty with a wee and a poo in it (great idea) !! Great buy with the potty too, which is comfortable and worked first time to for him too !

2.0 out of 5 stars A iittle dissapointed after all of the great reviews, 25 Oct 2013
Having read all of the great reviews I purchased this book for my son but found it didn't live up to my expectations. During the story pirate pete puts the potty on his head which just gave my son ideas about putting his potty on his head and pirate Pete also puts toys in it which is not something that I want to encourage and so I decided not to use it and I bought an alternative book with real pictures of boys sitting on potties using them properly which is much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Pictures, Cheering Button - But Pete Wears the Potty on his Head, 10 April 2013
This book includes colourful, clear pictures and a button that plays a cheering sound. My son is 20 months and enjoys this book, and I can see it being even more useful for older children. My only criticism is that it shows Pete wearing the potty on his head and also putting toys into it, two things my son did straight away (probably a coincidence, but it isn't a clever inclusion). Overall, the book is worth getting, for the pictures and button if nothing else.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 9 Jan 2011
We love this book! It's written for a british child (nappy not diaper etc) and has pictures to discuss (which potty do you think he picked etc) so we took our time and had a good laugh over it. My wee boy started asking for the potty 2 hours after we got the book - result!

ARRAY(0xab49b744)

Pirate Pete's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book
Pirate Pete's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book by Andrea Pinnington (Board book - 2 July 2009)
5.99