5.0 out of 5 stars The day we bought this book my daughter did a poo in the potty!
Brilliant book.
I bought this book after reading a review in a national newspaper.
I'd already begun potty training with my 2 1/2 year old daughter and she was happy with wee-wee's in her potty.
However she's been refusing to poo and going through a cycle of refusal and constipation. Not an easy time as some of you may know.
The day we got this book we...
Published on 8 Aug 2010 by Jenni

3.0 out of 5 stars Little girl loved the 'hooray' button!
My little girl loved the book because of the button, but as soon as we actually sat her down to read it, she lost interest relatively quickly. It is too detailed in my opinion, it would be better with a few less pages, especially for younger children.
Published 17 months ago by Flora Hinks

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 13 May 2010
This review is from: Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book (Board book)
Bought this for my little girl to help her understand potty training. She loves the cheering when she pressed the button. Its a great book and helped explain everyting at her level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute pics, well thought out, we loved it, 18 July 2014
My 26mo daughter loved this book while potty training and still requests her 'Princess Potty book'.
The story that Princes Polly thinks it's OK for baby sister to have nappies but she wants to be more grown up, like the rest of her family, is something kids could easily relate to. The pictures are really cute but clear so don't mystify what is going on in the potty! We especially liked the 'Cheer' button, useful on all sorts of potty-training related occasions :) There are pages of potties and pants to help Polly choose from which is fun like shopping.
As well as the basic training messages which are nicely reinforced e.g. keep on trying, practice pulling her pants up and down (don't laugh it's an essential skill :) the book covers that it's fine to have accidents and she is still trying very hard and a clever girl; and also - and I think more unusually - (and sorry about this) that your little one might find having a poo in the potty much more difficult to adjust to when she has been used to using nappies but that's ok. This might really help some kids. The book ends on a high note that Polly will now be able to teach baby sis how to use the potty when the time comes.
Overall nicely thought out and beautifully illustrated. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book!, 22 Oct 2010
What a great book - My two and a half year old daughter went back to wetting pants again so I bought this book and it has worked a treat. Enjoyable to read, interesting and of course the cheers that you hear when pressing the button just make this book so much better than just reading text. I even grabbed the book and pressed the button when she used the potty and she was so proud that princess polly was cheering!! The book also covers that the baby in the family is the only one wearing nappies at the moment, this too has really helped because my daughter wanted to be like our 6 month old baby and wear nappies. Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 July 2011
My daughter is potty-training and she is doing so very well - I'm taking the non-pressured approach and using lots of enthusiasm and positive praise. I wanted to buy her a book to enthuse her a little further (especially as she loves stories) and I am so impressed with this one! We read it together at bed-time and my little girl really enjoyed it - she appreciated the story as much as she appreciated the less than subtle message that big girls use potties and pants; it's interactive, beautifully illustrated and encourages positivity and enthuses! I highly reccomend this book to parents who are potty-training their little princesses!!

5.0 out of 5 stars princess polly potty, 16 Feb 2011
A great book, my daughter loved the sounds and helped her to be comfortable about things, especially with the poo! would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 15 May 2010
H. Wright "Law Student" (England) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent for potty training! Not only does it teach your child how to use the potty it also builds it up to be something exciting. The litte girl goes to choose special pants and a special potty too and when she uses the potty you can press the 'cheer' button which my daughter loves. I thinks its very encouraging and also explains how having an accident is nothing to worry about so that your child will not feel bad. Another great thing is that it is NOT American like most of the other books on here which use 'mommy' and 'diaper'. Would definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 5 Oct 2013
This book is fantastic for explaining potty training to toddlers. My little girl loves helping princess polly choose a potty and pants and always wants to do a wee in her own potty after we have read it. She enjoys pressing the button to hear the cheer too, a great interactive book. We're not quite ready to train yet but it makes it a fun familiar experience for when we are.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect book for successful potty training, 3 Oct 2013
I saw this book in a book shop read the reviews and thought it might do the trick for my 3 year old grand daughter.

It worked like magic everything about the book was appropriate and suitable to help her overcome her fears and we had success in a very short time . No more tantrums or tears mission accomplished!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful for potty training, 30 Aug 2013
JT (Haddington, UK) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves this book. We read it through a lot before starting potty training. Basically princess polly decides that she wants to wear pants like the rest of her family, except her baby sister. They go to the shops and get a potty and pants. Then she tries and tries, and has accidents but manages in the end, and does a poo too. It also covers, wiping, flushing and hand washing. Very good and clear. We refer back to it " princess polly says you must wash your hands". It's lovely and colourful and a very nice story.

5.0 out of 5 stars forget the rest - this is the best, 17 July 2013
K. Lindsay - See all my reviews
We were struggling to get our daughter to potty train until I bought this book. She was happy to sit on the potty or the training seat but wouldn't go. After a couple of weeks reading this book whilst sitting on the potty it all sunk in and she was happy to wear her big girl pants and go to the little toilet (potty). We're now a couple of months in and have only had a handful of accidents. She loves this book and even wants to read it to us when we go to the toilet. A definite must for all little girls .

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book
Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book by Andrea Pinnington (Board book - 2 July 2009)
5.24