Brilliant book.
I bought this book after reading a review in a national newspaper.
I'd already begun potty training with my 2 1/2 year old daughter and she was happy with wee-wee's in her potty.
However she's been refusing to poo and going through a cycle of refusal and constipation. Not an easy time as some of you may know.
The day we got this book we...
Published on 8 Aug. 2010 by Jenni

3.0 out of 5 stars Little girl loved the 'hooray' button!
My little girl loved the book because of the button, but as soon as we actually sat her down to read it, she lost interest relatively quickly. It is too detailed in my opinion, it would be better with a few less pages, especially for younger children.
Published 23 months ago by Flora Hinks

5.0 out of 5 stars The day we bought this book my daughter did a poo in the potty!, 8 Aug. 2010
Jenni (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book (Board book)
Brilliant book.
I bought this book after reading a review in a national newspaper.
The day we got this book we read it together and my daughter loved it. She loved the 'hooray' noise button and the interaction of the book. We read itu together 4 times.
Later that day I went upstairs to hang some washing and she shouted poo poo!! She'd gone to the potty and done a poo with no fuss at all.
Amazing.
Although this could be coincidental. I believe the book helped enormously by normalising the process and making her feel more comfortable doing a 2 on the potty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging for little girls, 22 May 2011
I was desperate, my little daughter would not seat on the potty. After reading this book to her she decided that she wanted to seat and actually wait for something to come out. She loves the hooraay sound! Personally I think that it is good that Princess Polly actually seats on the potty and manages to do a wee and a pooh in the potty. There are other books where the main character (Dora or Elmo) never seats on the potty and they never actually DO anything. In this book little ones can see the wee and the pooh inside the potty which I think makes them understand the idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful companion, 23 Oct. 2010
Really cute book and story - the sounds are great too; though I admit it didn't really make a huge difference in helping my kiddy get on with potty training - she did it all because it was the right time to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute pics, well thought out, we loved it, 18 July 2014
My 26mo daughter loved this book while potty training and still requests her 'Princess Potty book'.
The story that Princes Polly thinks it's OK for baby sister to have nappies but she wants to be more grown up, like the rest of her family, is something kids could easily relate to. The pictures are really cute but clear so don't mystify what is going on in the potty! We especially liked the 'Cheer' button, useful on all sorts of potty-training related occasions :) There are pages of potties and pants to help Polly choose from which is fun like shopping.
As well as the basic training messages which are nicely reinforced e.g. keep on trying, practice pulling her pants up and down (don't laugh it's an essential skill :) the book covers that it's fine to have accidents and she is still trying very hard and a clever girl; and also - and I think more unusually - (and sorry about this) that your little one might find having a poo in the potty much more difficult to adjust to when she has been used to using nappies but that's ok. This might really help some kids. The book ends on a high note that Polly will now be able to teach baby sis how to use the potty when the time comes.
Overall nicely thought out and beautifully illustrated. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess Polly's Potty, 17 Aug. 2010
This book is fab :) my daughter loves it! It has all the right type of language that you need to use when potty training. But it is still a fun story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book to prepare for toilet training, 26 Aug. 2010
Lorraine Read (Munster, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book online after reading some of the other reviews and it definitely didn't disappoint. My daughter is 28 months and was a little apprehensive about the whole potty thing but once we got this book, that all changed. She loved the story and getting to press the "HOORAY" button on every page. We took it into the bathroom every time she needed to go so she could press the Cheer for her own Wees!! Great how they pick out the "big Girl" pants and potty as well. Would highly recommend this book and only wish I'd bought it before even mentioning the potty word. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars princess polly's potty, 12 Aug. 2009
This books great, my little girl loves it and it has encouraged her to use the potty. The best thing however is it's british! no diaper's!

3.0 out of 5 stars Little girl loved the 'hooray' button!, 12 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 July 2011
My daughter is potty-training and she is doing so very well - I'm taking the non-pressured approach and using lots of enthusiasm and positive praise. I wanted to buy her a book to enthuse her a little further (especially as she loves stories) and I am so impressed with this one! We read it together at bed-time and my little girl really enjoyed it - she appreciated the story as much as she appreciated the less than subtle message that big girls use potties and pants; it's interactive, beautifully illustrated and encourages positivity and enthuses! I highly reccomend this book to parents who are potty-training their little princesses!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 15 May 2010
H. Wright "Law Student" (England) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent for potty training! Not only does it teach your child how to use the potty it also builds it up to be something exciting. The litte girl goes to choose special pants and a special potty too and when she uses the potty you can press the 'cheer' button which my daughter loves. I thinks its very encouraging and also explains how having an accident is nothing to worry about so that your child will not feel bad. Another great thing is that it is NOT American like most of the other books on here which use 'mommy' and 'diaper'. Would definately recommend.

Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book
Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book by Andrea Pinnington (Board book - 2 July 2009)
Used & New from: £0.55