Brilliant book.
I bought this book after reading a review in a national newspaper.
I'd already begun potty training with my 2 1/2 year old daughter and she was happy with wee-wee's in her potty.
However she's been refusing to poo and going through a cycle of refusal and constipation. Not an easy time as some of you may know.
The day we got this book we...
Published on 8 Aug 2010 by Jenni

3.0 out of 5 stars Little girl loved the 'hooray' button!
My little girl loved the book because of the button, but as soon as we actually sat her down to read it, she lost interest relatively quickly. It is too detailed in my opinion, it would be better with a few less pages, especially for younger children.
Published 19 months ago by Flora Hinks

5.0 out of 5 stars The day we bought this book my daughter did a poo in the potty!, 8 Aug 2010
Jenni (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book (Board book)
Brilliant book.
I bought this book after reading a review in a national newspaper.
The day we got this book we read it together and my daughter loved it. She loved the 'hooray' noise button and the interaction of the book. We read itu together 4 times.
Later that day I went upstairs to hang some washing and she shouted poo poo!! She'd gone to the potty and done a poo with no fuss at all.
Amazing.
Although this could be coincidental. I believe the book helped enormously by normalising the process and making her feel more comfortable doing a 2 on the potty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging for little girls, 22 May 2011
I was desperate, my little daughter would not seat on the potty. After reading this book to her she decided that she wanted to seat and actually wait for something to come out. She loves the hooraay sound! Personally I think that it is good that Princess Polly actually seats on the potty and manages to do a wee and a pooh in the potty. There are other books where the main character (Dora or Elmo) never seats on the potty and they never actually DO anything. In this book little ones can see the wee and the pooh inside the potty which I think makes them understand the idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful companion, 23 Oct 2010
Really cute book and story - the sounds are great too; though I admit it didn't really make a huge difference in helping my kiddy get on with potty training - she did it all because it was the right time to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess Polly's Potty, 17 Aug 2010
This book is fab :) my daughter loves it! It has all the right type of language that you need to use when potty training. But it is still a fun story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 May 2011
A. O'PRAY "a" (UK) - See all my reviews
Great book, daughter loves the cheering, sadly this didn't conquer her fear of using the potty or toilet for a poo, really like the book though.

5.0 out of 5 stars a big hit, 11 Mar 2011
this was a great help for my daughter who was happy to spend ages sat on the potty reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story!, 21 Sep 2010
L. K. Owen "Book fan" (UK) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves this book! She's practically read it everyday since I bought it. Well worth the money. My son loves reading it with her too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book to prepare for toilet training, 26 Aug 2010
Lorraine Read (Munster, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this book online after reading some of the other reviews and it definitely didn't disappoint. My daughter is 28 months and was a little apprehensive about the whole potty thing but once we got this book, that all changed. She loved the story and getting to press the "HOORAY" button on every page. We took it into the bathroom every time she needed to go so she could press the Cheer for her own Wees!! Great how they pick out the "big Girl" pants and potty as well. Would highly recommend this book and only wish I'd bought it before even mentioning the potty word. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars princess polly's potty, 12 Aug 2009
This books great, my little girl loves it and it has encouraged her to use the potty. The best thing however is it's british! no diaper's!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 13 May 2010
Bought this for my little girl to help her understand potty training. She loves the cheering when she pressed the button. Its a great book and helped explain everyting at her level.

Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book
Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book by Andrea Pinnington (Board book - 2 July 2009)