Brilliant book.
I bought this book after reading a review in a national newspaper.
I'd already begun potty training with my 2 1/2 year old daughter and she was happy with wee-wee's in her potty.
However she's been refusing to poo and going through a cycle of refusal and constipation. Not an easy time as some of you may know.
The day we got this book we...
Published on 8 Aug. 2010 by Jenni

3.0 out of 5 stars Little girl loved the 'hooray' button!
My little girl loved the book because of the button, but as soon as we actually sat her down to read it, she lost interest relatively quickly. It is too detailed in my opinion, it would be better with a few less pages, especially for younger children.
Published on 12 April 2013 by Flora Hinks

5.0 out of 5 stars The day we bought this book my daughter did a poo in the potty!, 8 Aug. 2010
Jenni (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book (Board book)
Brilliant book.
I bought this book after reading a review in a national newspaper.
The day we got this book we read it together and my daughter loved it. She loved the 'hooray' noise button and the interaction of the book. We read itu together 4 times.
Later that day I went upstairs to hang some washing and she shouted poo poo!! She'd gone to the potty and done a poo with no fuss at all.
Amazing.
Although this could be coincidental. I believe the book helped enormously by normalising the process and making her feel more comfortable doing a 2 on the potty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging for little girls, 22 May 2011
I was desperate, my little daughter would not seat on the potty. After reading this book to her she decided that she wanted to seat and actually wait for something to come out. She loves the hooraay sound! Personally I think that it is good that Princess Polly actually seats on the potty and manages to do a wee and a pooh in the potty. There are other books where the main character (Dora or Elmo) never seats on the potty and they never actually DO anything. In this book little ones can see the wee and the pooh inside the potty which I think makes them understand the idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars useful companion, 23 Oct. 2010
Really cute book and story - the sounds are great too; though I admit it didn't really make a huge difference in helping my kiddy get on with potty training - she did it all because it was the right time to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars princess polly's potty, 12 Aug. 2009
This books great, my little girl loves it and it has encouraged her to use the potty. The best thing however is it's british! no diaper's!

5.0 out of 5 stars Princess Polly's Potty, 17 Aug. 2010
This book is fab :) my daughter loves it! It has all the right type of language that you need to use when potty training. But it is still a fun story!

3.0 out of 5 stars Little girl loved the 'hooray' button!, 12 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 July 2011
My daughter is potty-training and she is doing so very well - I'm taking the non-pressured approach and using lots of enthusiasm and positive praise. I wanted to buy her a book to enthuse her a little further (especially as she loves stories) and I am so impressed with this one! We read it together at bed-time and my little girl really enjoyed it - she appreciated the story as much as she appreciated the less than subtle message that big girls use potties and pants; it's interactive, beautifully illustrated and encourages positivity and enthuses! I highly reccomend this book to parents who are potty-training their little princesses!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 15 May 2010
H. Wright "Law Student" (England) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent for potty training! Not only does it teach your child how to use the potty it also builds it up to be something exciting. The litte girl goes to choose special pants and a special potty too and when she uses the potty you can press the 'cheer' button which my daughter loves. I thinks its very encouraging and also explains how having an accident is nothing to worry about so that your child will not feel bad. Another great thing is that it is NOT American like most of the other books on here which use 'mommy' and 'diaper'. Would definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - 'essential' for successful potty training, 19 Oct. 2012
I admit that I had been putting off starting potty training with my daughter. In hindsight this may have helped make things go so well when we did eventually start. Although she had been showing all the signs of being ready for months (as per Baby/Toddler Whisperer and Gina Ford advice), by the time we started my daughter was more mature, able to talk about and understand concepts better and had had experience of watching her classmates at nursery.

This is absolutely everything I could have wanted in a book about potty training to share with my daughter. It establishes the idea that the grown ups don't wear nappies and use the big toilet, the idea of buying a potty and choosing which knickers to wear instead of nappies. This has tied in with each aspect of our potty training in terms of going to the shops to buy a potty and the daily task of laying out a selection of knickers for her to choose from. The musical 'hooray' button is genius and creates interaction with the book as well as reinforcing a sense of achievement whenever my daughter successfully uses the potty.

I highly recommend this book for potty training with girls. There is a boy's equivalent available but I haven't seen it first hand myself.

In conjunction with this book, I would highly recommend the 'Pourty' potty especially great for pouring the potty contents away into the toilet easily, hygienically and with no splashing or accidents. Also the Babyway podium toilet training seat for when your child progresses to a toilet (it comes in a purple and green and is available on amazon) and is absolutely excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 13 May 2010
Bought this for my little girl to help her understand potty training. She loves the cheering when she pressed the button. Its a great book and helped explain everyting at her level.

Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book
Princess Polly's Potty: A Ladybird potty training book by Andrea Pinnington (Board book - 2 July 2009)