After reading the authors blog prior to a holiday to our beloved Greece. (A gap of 6 years had passed for one reason or another since our last trip to Greece) - I decided to buy three of the books in his series of stories based on the authors many visits to the Greek islands and lovely stories of getting acquainted with his extended family via marriage to his Greek wife...
Published 8 months ago by sharon johns

3.0 out of 5 stars Ramblings indeed
Pretty average account of anybodys trips abroad in the last 30 years.
Very infuriating the number of brackets throughout the book.(why!)
Not really on par with other similar offerings.
The odd giggle kept this book from being boring.
Prohibitive selling price will mean no further ramblings will be read.
Published 24 months ago by mikos

3.0 out of 5 stars Ramblings indeed, 28 April 2012
Pretty average account of anybodys trips abroad in the last 30 years.
Very infuriating the number of brackets throughout the book.(why!)
Not really on par with other similar offerings.
The odd giggle kept this book from being boring.
Prohibitive selling price will mean no further ramblings will be read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me laughing and reminiscing about my love of the Greek islands, 28 July 2013
After reading the authors blog prior to a holiday to our beloved Greece. (A gap of 6 years had passed for one reason or another since our last trip to Greece) - I decided to buy three of the books in his series of stories based on the authors many visits to the Greek islands and lovely stories of getting acquainted with his extended family via marriage to his Greek wife .
The books seemed ideal reading matter during our holiday on Rhodes as I purposely wanted to read them in the right environment ! (Author now lives on Rhodes) .
I recommend them to every one who is off to Greece , and Rhodes in particular. Very funny , laugh out loud , and I am actually wanting to read them again on this years holiday. Have also purchased the authors new book "view from Kleobolos"

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!, 28 Mar 2011
This review is from: Feta Compli! (Paperback)
You have just got to buy is books if you love the Greek islands ..A Must !! Realy well written about the island of RHodes ...A wonderful place ..I have been there 6 times and it is just MAGICAL!!!..Thanks John for giving us so much enjoyment during the cold winters in the UK ...........

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read for anyone who has visited and loved Greece, 25 Feb 2014
This book is funny and transports you to a favourite place in Greece. Can't wait to get the next book

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories of Greece, 1 Feb 2014
Brought back many happy memories of several holidays ,and similar experiences and also Greek words remembered!A good read!Would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fab fab, 19 July 2013
Being a little like Yvonne myself, a greek born in Wales and married to a welshman, we did the same and uped sticks and moved to Corfu in the late nineties with our baby daughter. The whole book made me laugh out loud and made my journeys into work on the train thoroughly enjoyable - even though many a funny look turned my way to the giggling female in the corner....... looking forward to the next instalement

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 13 July 2013
This book is laugh-out-loud funny and a great holiday read. Who amongst us hasn't yearned to up-sticks and move to an island in the sun without thinking of all the problems involved, language and the "manyana syndrome" included. Family in the area obviously helps, but all credit to anyone who has the courage to live their dream. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 9 July 2013
having now read all three books, looks as if I've finished the trilogy. enjoyed all three books and it was nice to be able to imagine what it's like living in Greece as opposed to just having a holiday there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, 1 Mar 2013
Enjoyed reading this book, it brought back memories of when my wife and I first started going to Greece almost 30years ago!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice title but got bored after 100 pages, 11 Oct 2012
F. Power (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for a read during a week's holiday in Crete - it started off well but quickly descended into the mundane as the writer indulged in a tiresome habit of unloading his prejudices, a habit which he recognised but seemed unable to control. Suspicions developed that he was short of material. The story frequently and confusingly switched times and places in an effort to inject some interest but did not convince. Maybe it picked up later but I'll never know, I didn't want to find out any more about about the writer's wife's funny greek family and friends. Any hope of a plot emerging had disappeared and I bought the Michael Frayne novel Skios which was much more the ticket.

ARRAY(0xb40d7ccc)

Feta Compli!
Feta Compli! by John Manuel (Paperback - 28 Mar 2011)
10.79