5.0 out of 5 stars Some Delicious Recipes
The recipes in the book were really good, and many were suitable for non-meaters such as I am (but I do eat some fish). There are several delicious recipes included. Usually I find that receipe books to help with dieting, or lower cholesterol etc are not very non-meat eater friendly, so I end up discarding them. But this one I would recommend.
Published 12 months ago by Diane S

Published 11 months ago by Mrs Jean Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Delicious Recipes, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Eat Your Way To Lower Cholesterol: Recipes to reduce cholesterol by up to 20% in Under 3 Months (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 21 Aug. 2014
rossyb (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
A very colourful and informative book.Claimed s to lower your cholesterol by 20% in 3 months. It starts out with plenty of information about cholesterol, why we have it,how we get it,how to lower it and followed by some lovely recipes.Breakfasts,lunches,dinner,snacks,pics which include the following all of which I have successfully tried: almond and cranberry cake, cheese apple and walnut scones,chicken soba noodles, curried chicken salad, fish crumble, Spidey bean soup, and Spidey poached pears. There's even a menu already for you to use if you so wish. I must add that I do not have high cholesterol I am using these recipes as a precaution but they are tasty and and I feel good.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was always a fan of nuts and olive oil anyway so this was easy. I am also using the plant stanol spreads, 11 Oct. 2014
This has definitely made me rethink my daily diet and I have implemented more soya and pulses into my diet. I was always a fan of nuts and olive oil anyway so this was easy. I am also using the plant stanol spreads. Most of my siblings and mum are taking statins which basically make them ill so I wanted to make sure that I did not have to take them!

5.0 out of 5 stars it really does lower your cholesterol, 12 Jan. 2015
I was told I had high cholesterol by my gp which came as a shock as I am vegetarian and eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and am not into sweet things. I was warned if I didn't do something, I would have to take statins which I don't want. I bought this book and the recipes are fantastic. I adapt many to a veggie version and the 'lamb' tagine is one of my favs. Some recipes shocked me that they were low cholesterol especially the cheese lasagne. Within 4 weeks my cholesterol was back to normal. I use recipes out of this book a couple of times a week to keep on top of my cholesterol levels now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite liked this cookbook, 2 Aug. 2014
Quite liked this cookbook, there are some ingredients that i haven't used before but were easy and cheap to get. I've made most of the recipes out of this book and they tasted good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 22 Jun. 2014
I have had this book for about 3 weeks and so far I have tried several recipes. So far so good. I especially love the feta cheese and pomegranet couscous salad recipe for lunch at work. There are a few pages at the beginning explaining what you should and shouldn't eat and why you are eating certain products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Excellent book with excellent recipes to ensure I eat healthily especially relevant after recently suffering a heart attack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon appetit!, 15 Oct. 2014
Had this from the library at first but decided to buy it as the recipes look really yummy and cover all meals from breakfast to snacks and big fancy dinners. We haven't tried any of them yet, but I'm sure we won't be disappointed with the outcome.

The book itself was offered as used but looks and feels new - bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars East Your Way to Lower Cholesterol, 19 April 2015
Hazel H "Hazel" (Brittany, France) - See all my reviews
This is one of the very best healthy heart recipe books I've ever seen! A MUST HAVE for anyone who wants, or worst still needs, to change their diet. The recipes are interesting, varied and the information contained in the book is clear, concise and to the point. I'm now catering for someone who has just had a heart attack (i.e. no saturated fats and no salt etc etc) and this book really does help. I didn't know that pork contains 60% unsaturated fat - did you? I've now added pork back into our menu (fat removed of course!) From the clear advice and the myth busters to the colour coding and the FAQs this book is a revelation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gives good information about cholesterol and has recipes that provide a ..., 28 July 2014
This book is ok. Gives good information about cholesterol and has recipes that provide a balanced diet. These use plant sterols quite a bit which help lower cholesterol. For me though there are not enough vegetarian recipes. The one I did try was quite nice. If you just want to lower your cholesterol then go ahead and buy but if you already have heart disease I'd look around.