1,194 Reviews
 (1,072)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic third book in trilogy.
So often in this modern day of trilogys the third book turns out to be so disappointing, this is NOT the case with This man Confessed. A great end to a great story. Lots of twists and turns and things you never visioned happening. A really great read and a highly recommended trilogy of books.
Published 22 months ago by Choosiesusie74

~*~*~ POSSIBLE SPOILERS ~*~*~

REVIEW OF ALL 3 BOOKS. Not worth my time and effort for 3 individual ones.

Published 9 months ago by Abigail Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic third book in trilogy., 24 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 3 July 2013
This Man Confessed, the third instalment in this fabulous trilogy was highly anticipated and under a lot of pressure to be absolutely fantastic. But to be fair, if it had Jesse in the starring role, it was bound to be anything but.

I love This Man!

We really get to know what makes Jesse tick and understand his irrational behaviour in this one and I loved every minute. I even loved Ava by the end and that's saying something.

Loads of drama, snuggles and confessions.

Well done Jodi, from London-ish.

5.0 out of 5 stars I confess...I loved it, 3 July 2013
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Publishing day may have been a bit of a shambles for the UK, but the wait was worth it. It's such a shame that after all the anticipation, build-up and buzz, the actions of whoever was responsible for failing to get it on here took the shine off the release of this fabulous finale.

The passion, pain, trampling, secrets, confessions, insecurities, shocks and excitement are all present in abundance and I couldn't put it down.

My only grumble is that some of the typos haven't been picked up on by the publishing house. But that doesn't detract from a fabulous rollercoaster of a read that makes you smile, breaks your heart that little bit and makes you fall completely and utterly in love with The Lord all over again. And all the time it has stayed completely true to its British roots.

If you have yet to read enjoy. I'm a little jealous that you get to read it for the first time.

1.0 out of 5 stars If this is what modern romance is... Sign me up for 3 litters of cats., 4 Aug. 2014
~*~*~ POSSIBLE SPOILERS ~*~*~

REVIEW OF ALL 3 BOOKS. Not worth my time and effort for 3 individual ones.

Lets start off with, this entire series is about a psycho, could very well soon become an axe murderer with the way he acts, guy and his mental patient girlfriend who share a world consuming, heart destroying, would only be called romance if pigs could fly, sort of love. Just to point out, this character description isn't actually in the books. It's what I got from reading between the badly written lines.

I understand love, I understand loss and doing what you can to prevent it, I even understand wanting to monopolise the one you love. However, there is a big difference between monopolising their time, their heart, their mind and trying to monopolise the person you supposedly love so much that they no longer have a life, they can't choose what they eat or wear or when they go out or who they talk to. That is not monopolisation, that is ownership in which is quite obviously proved with the power trip Jesse holds over Ava. 'I hold the power in this relationship' is mentioned several times. No one should 'hold power' in a relationship. A relationship should be between two people compromising with each other. Not trying to get one up on each other all the time and then the guy using sex and thinking with his apparently magical penis (able to make a woman come, everytime, 3 seconds flat, on command, yeah, alright then love) to make up for being an ass and the woman waiting until months after she's found something out to throw it in his face and use it as an excuse to make a run for the door. Only for that to ensue a 'sense f**k' as it is so ROMANTICALLY titled in this book. Is that enough for either of them to realise they aren't meant for each other? Of course not, there are 3 whole books of this drivel.

Don't get me wrong, I actually had hope a few times when she finally had a slight epiphany and tried to leave (for like the whole hour she left anyway). But then her bitch of a best friend comes along. What the hell kind of best friend lets a man in to the house after her friend begs not to let him in, after she shows how scared she is of him, after they've seen him getting whipped, after she watched him drag her best friend home from a girls night out, after everything that he has done. Pretty sure she's Satan's spawn... But hey, that could just be me blowing this out of proportion.

However, my cringing, shouting inside my head 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT?!' isn't simply all at one character, the 'hero' isn't the only one at fault. The heroine herself is a complete M. Allowing herself to be controlled. Going to the breaking point several times and continually coming back for more. Because of love. Touching, honestly, my heart goes out to you. You who is happily involved in what can only be described as a down right abusive relationship. Getting off on making him angry to the point of fear.

The book is just too far fetched. He would have ended up in jail, for a multitude of things by the end of the 3rd book and she would have ended up in a mental home, where I'm pretty sure she escaped from in the first place.

Then he tried to get her pregnant to keep her with him forever, not in a, hey, I want to be a dad, how about it? mutual discussion kind of way, more in an ' hey I want to be a dad so I'll steal your birth control pills and coerce you into unprotected sex until it happens' kind of way. Does she know? Why yes she does. Does she confront him? Have a mature discussion about not being ready yet? Come to some sense about his unhealthy, controlling ways? No, don't be silly. She continues to participate in it all only to moan and whine like she's the Virgin Mary and she doesn't understand how it could have happened.

Anyway, not a good read, I managed to cringe my way through 2 and a half books before finally putting it down and staring at my kindle with a dirty look for a good 5 minutes.

This is an unhealthy relationship and those of you girls out there thinking that Jesse is your dream man, you should probably get yourself some well needed help before you find yourself in an abusive relationship with no way out. IT IS NOT LOVE, IT IS NOT ROMANCE. Wise up. It says something when even Christian Grey is more of a gentleman than this guy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uuurgh!!, 14 Jan. 2014
Ok, so i've finished it (see inital review below). It doesn't get much better i'm afraid to say. There are a few funny bits, namely when Ava finds out about Drew, Sam and Kate. That was pretty hilarious. The ending almost redeemed the book for me but not close enough, it's a satisfactory conclusion (despite the seemingly genius-like children!). There is more of a plot although i did find myself skipping over the sex scenes as its all the same after a while. All in all, i'm pretty disappointed but it wasn't terrible.

I'm not even half way thru this book and I'm struggling to finish it - I will read on because I'm stubborn (yeah, Jesse has nothing on me!) Ava has turned into a spineless, annoying brat and Jesse really needs professional help! I'm sorely disappointed as I loved the first two books and love the author. I hope my views change by the end of the book - but as I said, I'm stubborn and I doubt they will!

2.0 out of 5 stars If I ever hear "crazy mad" again I will scream, 11 July 2013
Ok I'm going to be honest with this review, I know it will go against the grain of popular opinion but I was sorely disappointed. Lets view this entire trilogy for what it is and that's another 50 shades bandwagon book

A the end of book one I loved the cliffhanger and felt it had huge potential to take the story on a different line to that of FSOG. Then book 2 came out and I thought it was a let down. It was good at the beginning, good at the end but nothing happened in between apart from sex. Yawn.

So I was really hoping this would develop the characters, see their relationship evolve and take the story in a new direction.

But no.

This was really quite stupid in parts and if you haven't read it then stop reading my review here as I can't not comment on what so annoyed me about it.
The whole pregnancy storyline was drawn out, predictable and down right dull. All the dialogue just reminded of those stupid things people think about having children BEFORE they actually do and then realise that guess what, it's nothing like you imagined! The sex in book one was hot and the chemistry and chase between to 2 of them made it so. But sex when you're married, pregnant and bleeding after a threatened miscarriage is not. There were pages and pages around the middle that were just repetitive "your so hot" "you are mine" etc etc that I ended up skimming through as it had no bearing on the story. We heard all that in the last 2 books.

I also got irritated by the whole psycho ex (FSOG) issues with parents (FSOG) you must eat (FSOG) you're not safe to drive so I'll send my driver (FSOG) work colleague trying it on (FSOG) even the housekeeper was copied from it. Yawn yawn.

So for me, too repetitive, not enough story, too drawn out and too much of a blatant rip off. On the positive, there are a few funny one liners.

3.0 out of 5 stars This man confessed, 20 July 2013
Chose this rating because some things just didn't sit right with the flow of the story,I don't think some of the reviews gave it justice if someone lied to me about not being pregnant then yes I would stay there while she weed on a stick but that's not my gripe it's seemed to pushed together time wise everything seems rushed and far to intense at least it was a little more chilled because if that was me I would have kicked him to the curb in book one and all so a bit worrying three quarter's of the way through the male character started talking to her in the third person,weird and slightly uncomfortable,good read tho not a great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Sequel, 6 July 2013
Well worth the wait. Well written and story followed through, all questions were answered and It was roller coaster of a journey. Thoroughly enjoyed, it wasn't rushed and the story flowed. The epilogue was brilliant and so funny which turned out to a relief from the serious story lne. Well done more please

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class Writer, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy 3) (Paperback)
Loved this trilogy, couldn't put any of the books down, found myself laughing one minute and crying the next. Jodi Ellen Malpas has written an exceptional story and never seen how the story would continually through in another heart stopping moment. I just dare anyone to read these books and tell me that they didn't have a lump in their throat with this story

1.0 out of 5 stars Best out of 3 but that's saying something! could.fit into.one book, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy 3) (Paperback)
First two books.nothin really happened. Rubbish
Main character hard to connect with. This is the best out of then all as alot happens near end last 20 pages
Everything that happens could.be in one.book.not.three. If u want sex scenes and only.sex scenes then it's ur thing but if u actually like a background story to it then don't bother.

This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy 3)
This Man Confessed (This Man Trilogy 3) by Jodi Ellen Malpas (Paperback - 5 Dec. 2013)