on 9 November 2014
great book - lovely author , not sure about her stance on 'The countryside' at times- but vert interesting
on 4 February 2015
All Miss Reads writings are delightful and a pleasure to take you back down memory lane to a kinder world
on 21 December 2013
This is a joy for all Miss Read fans. I enjoyed every article and also the comments from her daughter and publisher. A must read for Miss Read!
on 28 November 2013
Miss read, is a wonderful writer,
. 'she writes such lovely charactors, and gives me so much pleasour reading her words.
on 20 December 2013
This book is for those of us who read and re-read Miss Read's books. Written by her daughter, it gives more insight into her life and background, and more little snippets of the country life which she loved, without being 'a biography' with all that that entails.
I lived for many years in the area about which she writes and her gentle prose and sharp observation bring it all back to me.
It's a lovely book, and one which I shall dip into again and again for years to come.
on 29 December 2013
Dora was a wonderful writer of all her works as a Teacher and Head Mistress of her Schools. Her Mant funny tales made her books hard to put down. Mrs Griffins Sends her love is her last book written for her before she died. This Auther will be missed, by all who knew her writings - God Bless! Dora ( Miss Read )
on 30 January 2016
Very enjoyable, as Miss Reads writings always are
on 16 January 2016
Bought as a gift for my Wife and she loved it.
on 7 February 2015
Not what I expected not written by her
on 12 April 2014
If you like Miss Read, you'll love this. Wonderful stories, diary extracts and articles, in which nothing much happens but it happens delightfully. Beautifully written. I loved it.