5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, moving, amusing, and shocking
Published on 18 July 2009 by Ripple

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I liked this but read the full book in less than an hour.
Published 2 months ago by Chloe Hindmarsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, moving, amusing, and shocking, 18 July 2009
Ripple (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Frank Warren's PostSectret project is a fascinating concept. People anonymously send him postcards with their deepest secrets and he compiles them into books that combine modern art, photography, with something like reading a secret diary and evesdropping. The result is thought provoking, sometimes deeply moving, and sometimes plain funny. Some of these are quite shocking - others are more mundane. I thought it would be good to dip into - I was wrong - I picked one page and then proceeded to read the whole book from that point and then back towards the start! It is completely addictive. I would add that I have frequently returned to it since first reading - it's a great talking point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frank Warren - This man is Pure Genius!, 7 Jun. 2009
Mrs. Jeanne Smith (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
I got drawn into buying one of FW's books when my teenage daughter came in raving about this book of 'secrets' people sent off on a postcard anonymously that got published. This man is a genius. People worldwide send in their deep, dark, never spoken about secrets and some of them get published. I have now worked my way through each of his books as they have been published as this is extraordinary....an absolute must. It is a page turner, some of the secrets shock, surprise, amuse you or are profoundly distressing to read, but once you start, you cannot stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars A window into the world, 23 Dec. 2010
I have been a follower of Postsecret for about four years now, and still check back on the website every Sunday to see the new secrets. A friend, in fact the one for whom I purchased this book, and I often enjoy conversations about the Sunday secrets, and have exchanged books as birthday and Christmas gifts. This year I decided that as I had her for Secret Santa, I would get her a Postsecret book, and she thoroughly enjoyed the sentiment.

The books are always fascinating, filled from cover to cover with the secrets people share with the aptly named Frank Warren (the genius behind Postsecret) and thus the rest of the world. This book in particular was a great read, as intermingled with the postcards are short emails written by website visitors, and occasionally words from Frank himself.

It is often pointed out, and correctly so, that there is a huge variety in the secrets; some are funny, some are sad, and some are so touching you can't help but think about them for the rest of the day.

Postsecret books make the perfect gift, especially to someone you are keeping a secret from, as it is the perfect opportunity to share that secret. Simply write it on a postcard of your own, slip it between the pages, and pass the book on to your chosen loved one.

No one should go through life without flicking through the pages of wonder that are in a Postsecret book. If you haven't read one yet, or looked at the website yet, then what are you waiting for? Go on, draw back the curtains and peek through the window into the world that is Postsecret.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing as always, 12 July 2012
I'm a big PostSecret fan, and have been for years, so no big surprise that I absolutely love this book. Bought this one for a friend, and she loved it too.

The two PostSecret books I have are both beautiful, and make for more interesting 'coffee table' style books as well.

When you feel disappointed with humanity: sit down with a cup of tea and this book, and you will feel better (and more in touch) in no time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 28 May 2014
I have been an avid fan of the PostSecret blog for some time now and have bought other PostSecret books so I knew what I was in for. This book is a perfect continuation of the blog, some secrets are silly, others soulful and it's up to you what hits you hardest. It also make an alternative coffee table book as it's beautifully presented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Postsecret delivers again, 14 Jan. 2012
Bought this book for my anniversary and we read it every Sunday morning after the website.
Some of the secrets make us cry, some make is retch but definatly a good conversation starter.
Postsecret as a whole has made me feel less lonely.

Thank you Frank!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 4 Mar. 2015
I liked this but read the full book in less than an hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 13 Oct. 2011
I have been following the postsecrets site for quite some time, and when I realized there were books
based on the postcards, I just had to get them.
They play on all range of emotions, and really touch me.
I think they make exellent gifts too! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret reader, 12 Jan. 2013
Big fan of the post secret website and was overjoyed when I found out they did books compiled with many many post secrets. Hours of laughter and emotional secrets to pass any time of the day.

3.0 out of 5 stars and this is is a good way of lightening the load and the burden of ..., 10 Mar. 2015
I find these books interesting we all have secrets..and this is is a good way of lightening the load and the burden of those secrets

The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book
The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book by Frank Warren (Paperback - 7 Nov. 2013)