5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating book with so many twists and turns - amazing!
Different to his other books, but definitely worth the read. There are no immediate Gore scenes in this book but there are questions which the main character goes in pursuit of that give the frame work to another his wonderfully written book. Definitely recommend it to any reader who loves mystery based novels!!!
Published 16 months ago by Vinosha

3.0 out of 5 stars Lady of the shades
I have read all of Darren Shans books, found this to be a little disappointing. But all the rest are a great read.
Published 4 months ago by Mandy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating book with so many twists and turns - amazing!, 24 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars One word: amazing., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Lady of the Shades (Hardcover)
This book just blew. me. away! I am a huge fan of Darren Shan and although being in my 20's have read all his children's books ( and his more adult books) and absolutely loved them but this was defiantly Darren's best work yet. This book hooks you right from the beginning. I read this book in one sitting which is something i have never done before. Its action packed from the start and keeps you interested by the various twists that literally leaves you with your mouth open. I really hope Darren writes more of these types of stand alone books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read don't miss it, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Lady of the Shades (Paperback)
Fantastic, a very good read and twist and turns everywhere. I could not predict where the book was going. Absolutely brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 15 April 2014
All I could say about this book after I finished it was “Wow”. It took awhile for me to get into this book- I thought it was a bit fanciful being about a hit man and written by an author who usually writes YA zombie books but once I was hooked- I couldn't put it down.
Lady of the shades, keeps you guessing and when you think you guessed right, it turns out to be wrong. The must frustrating things about this book is that you will be guessing to the very end and then palm face yourself because it was all right there the whole time.
This book is so finely crafted it is almost a work of art. When people ask me if I read any good books lately, this is one I remember because it blew me away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Mar 2014
Not at all what I was expecting from Shan after all the fantastical gorey horror of his teen fiction but my goodness I am blown away.
This book really has been a rollercoaster keeping you always on your toes unsure of the direction the story is taking or where it will end up. Where it does end up is so far removed from where Shan begins you will be surprised but in no way disappointed. Loved every minute. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing Darren Shan read!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lady of the Shades (Hardcover)
I'm 17, when I was a kid I read all of his young adult books, now he's making more and more adult books and they are genuinely very good books. Especially this one with all the nooks and crannies. So many twists and turns the book will keep you guessing until the final!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 5 Aug 2013
Just wow never read a book with so many twists an turns. The story line was exstremley good and it took a while for me the work out the plot but even so when you think the story is over yet another mystery is uncovered I have read most of Darren Shans work but this is the best I've read so far and would recommend it to any one

5.0 out of 5 stars Darren Shan - Lady of the Shades, 13 Feb 2013
S. Scott (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady of the Shades (Hardcover)
This was for my 16 year old son who loves Darren Shan's work.

He say's it is a brilliant book... What more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lady of the Shades (Hardcover)
I have read every book by Darren Shan and none have failed to impress me, this was no exception! worth the read

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 9 Jan 2013
This book has you guessing all the way and when you think you have the answer you don't even though it is right in front of you all along

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lady of the Shades
Lady of the Shades by Darren Shan (Hardcover - 30 Aug 2012)
8.05