4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but...
Published on 16 Nov 2011 by M. Pritchard

3.0 out of 5 stars The difficult first book...
After buying this book, I was unsure of what to expect from it. As an avid listener of The Chris Moyles Show day in day out, I thought it would something to add to my colection along with The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth and The Difficult Second Book.
Now having read the book, I don't feel I have actually learned anything new...
Published on 17 Nov 2011 by Mr. S Bailey

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty lazy attempt., 10 Feb 2012
Comedy Dave has so much material to be able to write a fantastic book, but this is just full of filler. The book is padded out with the lyrics to all his parodies for god sake! A missed oppourtunity to write a funny account of Comedy Dave and Chris Moyles' time together on early breakfast, afternoons and breakfast. I' m a big fan of The Chris Moyles Show, and Comedy Dave, but this feels like a bit of a rip off.

3.0 out of 5 stars The difficult first book..., 17 Nov 2011
Mr. S Bailey (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comedy Dave's Book (Hardcover)
Now having read the book, I don't feel I have actually learned anything new from it - parts about breaking the record for the longest show got shunted to a mere few pages with not much description or any insight, which is a shame. Something like these event could easily have been expanded on and made for some great reading, especially as this hasn't been covered in any other book as of yet.
Don't get me a wrong, its an enjoyable book, which matches the personality of the guy writing it. I just feel more effort could made in certain parts to bring it more to life rather than glossing over subjects that readers want to know about.
Difficult second book to come - perhaps not. I think the first was probably as far as it will go for the likeable guy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad to see them break up, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Comedy Dave's Book (Hardcover)
well its been a little time since the show finished and the break up of Chris and Dave. Read the book, really is very poorly written and very little content. you can see that he was counting words the whole way. I would really give this a miss. Sorry Dave we miss you on the radio but your book, really could have done better

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good :(, 27 Dec 2011
S. Pearce - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comedy Dave's Book (Hardcover)
Asked for this for Christmas (as knew I'd regret paying for it!) - it's a very simple toilet read. There's very little about Dave, Chris or anything really of any interest - it tries to be a biography but just isn't. The average 11-year-old could write a better, more interesting review of Dave Vitty!

Big fan of Moyles and the team and really enjoyed reading his books but they were very much about him and his experiences to date - oh, and was funny! This book is more like a Christmas annual that you can just flick through.

Dave openly admits that he struggled writing this book and I guess good on him for sticking with it and not quitting ... but maybe he should have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but..., 16 Nov 2011
M. Pritchard "SUNSPY" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comedy Dave's Book (Hardcover)
Bought this as a filler for my holiday. Didn't expect too much but realised a few pages in that this wasn't a warts n all view of Daves life. I can see that he wanted to keep his private life private but, he missed a trick by not opening up to the bits we know have shaped him. That said, it's not meant to be a serious read and just documents his days working with mr moyles.

Was intrigued to know more about why his relationships failed but not a sniff.

Daves a nice guy and genuinely comes across as someone who has made something from (literally) nothing. Well done but, next time, open up!

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 6 July 2014
Cam't wait for volume two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Comedy Dave!, 30 Jun 2014
Really enjoyed this book. You can tell it's written by him and loved hearing how his career came about in Radio 1

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Comedy Dave's Book (Hardcover)
If your a fan of The Chris Moyles Show then you will enjoy this. Lots of referances to the show not the longest book ever but is still worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: Comedy Dave's Book (Hardcover)
I wasn't expecting the biggest laugh from this book. It was ok and easy to read. Would only recommend if you're a fan of Comedy Dave.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comedy dave is funny!, 26 Nov 2012
Funky Diva (Planet Thanet) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comedy Dave's Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book for a crimbo present, my husband used to love listening to comedy dave on radio 1 - the book is funny x

Comedy Dave's Book
Comedy Dave's Book by Dave Vitty (Hardcover - 10 Nov 2011)