Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 February 2012
Fans of Maureen Lee will be familiar with the setting and theme of this short story.
Set in Liverpool, Amy's Diary follows Amy Browning and her family through the Second World War.
The war breaks out on Amy's 18th birthday. After receiving a gift of a lovely notebook from her sister, Amy decides to keep a diary and write a bit each week until the war is over. Amy records how the war affected her family and friends as well as finding her own way through a dangerous time.
I found this a simple but satisfying story. In 105 pages a lot happens to Amy and her family. I liked the characters and I was able to get a good sense of what it was like to live during that time.
on 26 February 2012
Maureen Lee is an expert at weaving a tale of ordinary Liverpool folk into an enthralling read that is very hard to put down, and always leaves the reader wanting more. This mini book is Maureen Lee at her best. I look forward to her next book with anticipation
on 26 August 2013
I am only 15 years old an thoroughly enjoyed the book! I began by reading one of Maureen Lee's book for just a reading book at school and loved it so looked on my kindle for more books also written by Maureen. I picked this book at a quick read and loved it! Easy and short with a great story line! Defiantly a must!
on 18 February 2012
Bought this as a Quick Read through Kindle. Just a bit slow going and so simple a story. Okay to read but not impressed.
on 30 June 2013
I managed to read all of this book this morning sitting up in bed with a cuppa. Great story and a nice gentle read. Here we see Amy keeping a diary during the second world war of how the war affected her and her family and friends.

Not a very taxing read, but good for pure escapism wheather with a cuppa, on the beach or by the pool whilst the kids are having a splash about.

Would recommend.
on 12 February 2012
One of the Quick Read series of short story books. As good a read as expected from Maureen Lee, who is an exceptional author. Delivered as promised.
on 24 November 2013
I found it a good read for an afternoon sat down on a cold winters day snuggled up in front of the fire!
on 10 November 2013
I have only discovered "Maureen Lee" and I love her, cannot get enough of her books...
I would highly recommend her books to Everyone, My 16 year old Niece is also hooked..Thank you Maureen lee
on 12 December 2013
Good read. I like to know how the war affected people's lives. My parents never spoke about what they went through and it was not discussed in school then like it is now. I think it was because it was still raw in the minds of people and it would have opened up to many wounds. We have a greater understanding now and I think that the younger generation need to know what happened so that they can understand and appreciate what the country and the people went through so that we can live today. Some times I think we get things to easy today and do not appreciate what we have and what others gave up for us.
on 3 July 2013
Even though this is a short story it doesn't make it any less of a good read. Once you start reading Maureen Lee you'll not want to stop.