5.0 out of 5 stars At last some common sense and helpful advice!
I have a 3 month old baby and this book was a breath of fresh air. It is packed with information but I didn't feel talked down to, it's just like a friend telling you all the stuff you want and need to know. I wish I could have Jo in the house to help me every day but I guess with this book she is!
Published on 29 Aug 2007 by A new mum

3.0 out of 5 stars down to earth advice
Published on 11 Mar 2011 by littlemy

3.0 out of 5 stars down to earth advice, 11 Mar 2011
This is the only baby care book I bought myself after I'd freaked out by Baby Whisperer that I had been given. With my newborn I wanted down to earth advice and guidance and this book was great for that; it was like talking to a knowledgeable big sister or good friend. It is not patronising and MOST IMPORTANTLY does not make you feel like a failure for not doing things a certain way from day 1 - which is the problem I had with BW (for the record I did revisit the book when baby was about 3 months and found it a bit more helpful then though still have a problem with its tone and some of the stuff in it). Like any book like this it has its limitations - unfortunately nothing or nobody is going to be able to give you black and white advice on how to take care of YOUR baby, nor should they. I found the limitation here to be that if things did not go as "supposed to" in 0-3 month section then the remaining part of the book is sort of irrelevant because it only builds on that, not catering for a situation where things did not go according to plan; for example my baby slept ok from birth and slept better and better until crash, at 3 months that all went to pot and she started waking min 3 times a night. In the book after 3 months it was all about "now your baby will be sleeping better and better and perhaps through the night"...

5.0 out of 5 stars At last some common sense and helpful advice!, 29 Aug 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Jo Frost's Confident Baby Care, 14 Sep 2007
This book is full of useful, practical advice and is so easy to use, whether you read it in one sitting or dip in and out for reference. As a new mum, I feel much more confident now - thanks Jo!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, very short and common sense, 20 Nov 2013
Nothing that isn't really common sense outlined in this book so very disappointed by this read. The book is short and doesn't go into much detail about key subjects and routines.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 4 July 2013
great book from jo has really helped me with getting to know my son and how i can bea better father

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 3 May 2013
Very happy with the book, great condition and very pleased about the delivery service too. The book has all info you need, I strongly recomand it. Go Jo! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Full of Misinformation, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jo Frost's Confident Baby Care: Everything You Need To Know For The First Year From UK's Most Trusted Nanny (Paperback)
This book is full of incorrect information on subjects of weaning, breastfeeding and formula. Wouldn't waste my hard earned money on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vague and badly written, 30 Dec 2008
I love Supernanny but was very disappointed by this book. It's very badly written in that it seems to have been written with absolutely no systematic pre-thought or careful planning. It is far too brief and sometimes dangerously vague on certain important issues, whereas relatively secondary issues have huge waffly chapters devoted to them. It feels badly weighted and didn't give me the information I had hoped from watching the programmes. Perhaps she doesn't like giving too many of her secrets away in print? I certainly don't think this does justice to Supernanny's hands-on brillance. Perhaps it's just that her talent is not in writing such books. I trusted the Supernanny brand but feel cheated and let down. I had actually bought this for my second baby (so was experienced) and I felt sorry for any new mum looking to this book for information. Sorry Jo-Jo : (

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible advice on Breastfeeding, 29 Nov 2013
It's clear from reading this book that Jo Frost knows very little about breast feeding. The advice ranges from worped to down right dangerous. First time mums-for you and your baby's sakes- please do not follow the advice in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jo Frost - Confident Baby, 1 Nov 2007
A. Houlding "I love my bear" (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
What an excellent book. I bought this book along with Gina Ford - contented baby and ended up taking the Gina Ford one back to the shop. Jo's book is extremely helpful and not patronising in any way and gives helpful and useful advice. This is definitely a worthwhile book to have to hand. My son is 7 weeks and I wish I had bought it earlier. Well done Jo.

11.95