5.0 out of 5 stars A laugh from start to finish! A MUST Buy!
Published on 27 April 2012 by Mrs. A. D. Andrews

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
A bit slow took me awhile to get into this book,It was the only book I had left to read over the bad weather or don't think I would of finished it,
Published 9 months ago by summerskye

5.0 out of 5 stars A laugh from start to finish! A MUST Buy!, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Amber Scott is Starting Over (Paperback)
Amber Scott is Starting Over Ruth has once again captured the essence of being part of a rocky relationship and the aftermath...Once started I couldn't put the book down, the characters and settings came to life in my head and the humour made me chuckle from start to finish. Think modern day 'Pride and Prejudice' meets 'Bridget Jones'. A great read for holidays or when you have time on your hands!I have already recommended this book to all my friends and eagerly await reading Ruth's next book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Amber Scott is Starting Over (Paperback)
Only finished this at ten minutes to midnight last night. It is a great read and I couldn't put it down. Very current and easy to relate to. The character of Amber is well crafted, frustrating at times, but loveable all the same. Her fiancé Ed is selfish and just as Amber gets the job of a lifetime he moves them from London to Cornwall 'for his career'.

Once in Cornwall Amber has some hilarious encounters and gets a job doing interior design in a stately home. I laughed out loud at so many incidents (i dare you not to at the green slime) causing a few concerned looks! I cried too at some of the poignant moments involving Alex, Lord Verney who becomes Amber's Heathcliff like boss. Alex is written so well I was in love with him very early on. The supporting characters are given just enough detail, but don't dominate. Their role in moving the story along is very well done.

This is just the right read if you have had a hard week and would be a perfect holiday read, especially if you go to Cornwall. Will be ordering more of Ruth Saberton's books that is for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - Well worth a read, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Amber Scott is Starting Over (Paperback)
This book is amazing it is an easy read which is guaranteed to make you giggle and sympathise with Amber. All characters and described brilliantly and help you build that all important picture in your head! Well worth a read I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy summer read, 4 Jun 2012
This review is from: Amber Scott is Starting Over (Paperback)
Have enjoyed all Ruth Saberton's books and this was no exception. Delightfully quirky yet easy to relate to characters, coupled with glorious descriptions that brought one of my favourite English counties to life on the page - what's not to love?

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 19 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic as ever!!!!, 21 Sep 2013
Fantastic read that I could not put down. Recommended by my sister who trained with the authors sister in London years ago. She used to read some of her stories before she got published and said I had to try her books. I have loved them all and would highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER SUMMER HOLIDAY READ!, 29 Jun 2013
I downloaded this book because I noticed that it was set in Cornwall (one of my favourite places) I'm so glad I did.
What a lovely, funny, well written book. I guessed fairly early on what was going to happen at the end (including the storyline with Ed!) but I just thoroughly enjoyed all the characters/naughty pets and situations that Amber got herself into.
Ideal holiday reading, I've downloaded Ruths other two novels to read while I'm on the (Cornish!) beach in August, weather permitting of course!
Well done Ruth, hope you write many more novels!

5.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted read, 27 May 2013
An excellent read . While on holidays with my daughter this was a very good relaxing read , funny in places , once you start it is hard to leave it down . Recommend this book if you like a light hearted read .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic easy read lol funny, 27 Jan 2013
Good old chick lit at its best funny sad good characters & well written I will now buy the rest of her books & hope their as good

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved, loved, loved, 11 Nov 2012
Z. Dillon (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amber Scott is Starting Over (Paperback)
What a great read. I couldnt put it down. She is such a comedic writer and I laughed out loud many times. Cant wait for her next book!!!

Amber Scott is Starting Over
Amber Scott is Starting Over by Ruth Saberton (Paperback - 12 April 2012)