Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 August 2014
A well crafted, legally authentic narrative (as you would expect from Michael Connelly) with believable characters and sinuous plot development. Micky Haller is a worthy persona to hang a series of books on, but if I'm honest, his half brother Harry Bosch is still 'the man' - despite his advancing years....!
on 6 December 2014
I thought I was going to miss Boesch too much to appreciate another protagonist, but I was totally convinced by Mickey Haller and greatly enjoyed this recent work of Connelly's.
It is very well written, with a tightly constructed plot and plenty of tension.
on 13 August 2014
Again,well written by a lawyer who suffered a life changing car accident, returning from a jail, where he had been interviewing an
inmate, for a crime he was framed for. On his way back to jail, to B seriously assaulted in a court holding cell, by another prisoner.
D. S. Jones
on 28 November 2013
Just fifteen short months ago a friend of mine that shares my passion for crime fiction introduced me to the novels of Michael Connelly and I have been hooked ever since.

One of the standout qualities that Michael Connelly possesses is the wonderful ability to create numerous characters that his audience cares about. Harry Bosch may be his most used creation but Attorney Micky Haller, thanks to the hit movie the Lincoln Lawyer may actually match Harry as Connelly's most famous creation and Haller is the star of this book.

Starting with the murder of a former client, that Micky actually liked and cared for, the book takes Micky on an emotional journey as he tries to rebuild his personal and professional life while at the same time protect his client who he believes to be innocent.

Connelly has once again created a book that is impossible to put down. The character Micky Haller is growing book by book and it was very easy to get caught up in the personal struggles that Micky goes through in the book. As usual the book is very fast paced and very, very well written and Connelly has another hit on his hands.

All in all I found this a very fun and enjoyable read. I would highly recommend this to any fans of Michael Connelly or any fans of crime books in general.
on 15 May 2015
A marvellous thriller which got me enjoying fiction again.Don't be put off by chapter 1 ( as I nearly was) which makes you dislike Mickey Haller. He's a good guy really , and the rest of the novel is brilliant.
on 31 March 2014
What more is there to say about Mr Connelly other than he's consistently readable and original. The dialogue is realistic, the characters well drawn and believable, and it all comes together in a very satisfactory way. I won't attempt a summary, as it wouldn't in any way give a fair indication of the quality of this author's work.
on 17 November 2014
Mickey Haller - older and wiser? Probably not. Connelly keeps his characters lives and personalities developing, leaving routes to new stories and always develops the new characters enough for the story to flow.
on 24 February 2015
I really enjoy Michael Connelly books but this one takes a long time to really get going. It's the usual Micky Haller fare with a good cast of characters and a reasonably complex plot. Not a page turner but anyone who enjoys court room drama will enjoy this.
on 11 September 2014
As usual, a Michael Connelly book has to be read as quickly as possible. I found this difficult to put down. It was thoroughly up to his high standard. I particularly liked the title and the way it was applied.
on 14 August 2014
Stick with it for the court scenes. I nearly gave up on it about a third through, it was a bit boring. However, when the case came to court, things livened up a bit. But no shocks, no twists, just the end we expected.