5.0 out of 5 stars Crais back on form
I have to admit that I've found the last couple of Robert Crais books slightly humdrum. Still better than most but by his own standards not that good. This book however is a belter! I don't know why anyone hasn't had this idea before (if they have - apologies) but to introduce the K9 department as the.mainstay of the book is a stroke of genius (only slight hyperbole...
Published 23 months ago by Big Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Dogs and Bullets
Best known for his series of Elvis Cole and Joe Pike novels, Robert Crais is a highly-respected writer in his field and consistently delivers strong, interesting, action-driven books to the crime market. On this occasion, he's chosen to depart from the much-loved, much-debated, much-read characters of Cole and Pike, and instead penned a standalone book. His last...
Published 12 months ago by George Kelly

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars full of suspense, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
i have read all of Robert Crais books, i missed the humour of Elvis Cole, and style of writing the author uses in that series, but i couldn't put this down, i hate suspense and this is full of it! A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspect...An excellent story., 16 April 2013
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Very well written in typical Crisis style.Very difficult to put down...even to answer the telephone outdoor!!!
Well worth the money , stillbreathless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Stand Alone, 8 Feb 2013
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Suspect (Paperback)
Nine months ago, Scott James lost his partner and almost lost his life when they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now, he's still recouping from his wounds and joining the K-9 unit of the LAPD. He selects as his dog Maggie, a Marine Corp trained dog who lost her first partner in Afghanistan.

Both Scott and Maggie are suffering from PTSD and neither are certain about taking to each other. But as Scott begins to investigate the still unsolved case that cost him his last partner, the two begin to bond. Will it be enough to help Scott face the past?

I'm not a dog person, but something drew me to this book, and I'm glad it did. I absolutely loved it, especially the two leads. And if this non-dog person can fall in love with Maggie, anyone who does love dogs will love her that much more.

At times, the mystery felt like it was taking a backseat to the story of Scott and Maggie bonding, but the book was always interesting. And once the plot did kick into high gear, I could not put it down.

I've read a few of Robert Crais' books in the past, but it's been sporadic. I keep meaning to bump him back up my reading list. After this book, he's jumped up several more spots. It was a great read I was sorry to see end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspect, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Another brilliant book by Robert Crais. Totally different from Elvis Cole which I've always enjoyed. I especially liked reading the 'thoughts' and 'feelings' of Maggie which are very believable. A very thought provoking story. Maybe there could be a series? Overall worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. Didn't want it to end and felt like I knew Scott and Maggie personally. A must read - especially if you own a GS as I do and love this breed of dog. I was gripped all the way through and cried sad and happy tears. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars suspect by robert crais, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
i always enjoy robert crais books he makes reading easy you get into the story straight away some writers you struggle to get to the plot but not with this writer

5.0 out of 5 stars My, Crais is in the big league now, 25 July 2014
Roger Taylor (Marlow, Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Roger Taylor, Marlow, UK.
Don't get me wrong, I love Elvis Cole and Joe Pike, and I thought Taken was their best escapade yet, but this is another level. This is crime writing at its very best. Just at the start I was rattled by the superficial similarity with Burning Man but then the Crais magic grabbed me and wouldn't let go until hours later, eyes wet, I came to deeply satisfying conclusion. Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit different... But good, 21 April 2013
E. Chittenden "emchi" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
I thought that without Pike and Cole the book wouldn't be the same but it was a well written book... Maggie is of course the star! Loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Maggie was portrayed brilliantly but I suspect the initial 'meet' would have happened slightly differently! Good story.

One issue I have though, this author's books are priced at £4.99+ on Amazon but on Ibooks they are half that price. Come on Amazon get competitive here! Otherwise it will be a while before I buy another sadly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving and exciting read., 10 Oct 2014
This review is from: Suspect (Kindle Edition)
Beautifully written book about two damaged souls.One, a police officer,badly wounded on duty, and the second a dog,badly injured in
Afghanistan and how they come to work together. I don't consider myself a 'dog' person, but this book may have converted me!
It is a very moving and exciting story, one which I could not put down. I started it at about four o clock one afternoon, and din;stop until
I finished it, later that night. The English is superb, too. Another bonus as far as I was concerned. But then his English is always perfect, unlike some other authors.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Suspect
Suspect by Robert Crais (Paperback - 27 Mar 2014)