4.0 out of 5 stars Most definitely a 'yes'
Published 18 months ago by Craigmeister

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Very interesting read but I cannot say it was spellbinding. Over half the book is built up to one mission, felt chapters were wasted. A lot of repeated lines and quotes, still quite interesting but not the blockbuster I thought was coming. I think there is better out there
Published 7 months ago by Howard Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Most definitely a 'yes', 1 Mar 2013
I must confess to being a bit sceptical when a friend recommended I read this. It's been ten years & I kind of thought all the best books had come out about this war - and said so. I'm ex-forces and like the genre but not so much I can suffer an average or worse book - esp as I'm normally a slow reader. So I was wrong and I'm big enough to write my penance! The book was excellent on all levels and really swept me into his world and carried me along. Obviously the events/story = v strong & truly edge of the seat stuff but what I think it has over, say Bravo 2 Zero, etc is that the guy can obviously WRITE. It has that writer's need to convey but still maintain the ease of reading - descriptions, characters become real, their motives and why decisions are taken (at all levels, top to bottom - partly helped by the fact that Blakeley was 2IC of the unit AND fighting with his patrol, leading from the front). It's also honest eg the moments of self-doubt and the loneliness of being in charge: as an officer you can't ever quite relax as one of the boys. This honesty is what I found lacking in books like Chris Kyle (RIP)'s account. There's the laugh out loud stuff that I think only ex-service writers can convey. I like Sebastian Faulks but even in WW1 the soldiers were having laughs - it's what bonds and makes a unit great. I actually would have given this 5 stars if the book had been bigger - I've waited this long to hear this story and I felt like I could have done with more, say about his early days. Maybe that wasn't the writer's fault or maybe he's going to do more. I hope the latter. Penance done, enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 18 Mar 2013
Incredible escape, good comrades, good decisions by Chinese parliament. Disappointed by Headshed reaction for air and their take on an operational decisions made on the ground by experienced operators. They should have been put in a pinkish and sent out front. I would wager an entirely different reaction. Well done David and the lads. DON Monro

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 27 April 2013
Might sound a bit boys own but this account was very gripping.
All concerned must have been blessed to get through as they did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 18 April 2013
Cover to cover I was fully immersed into the book. Informative and a great combination of humour and intensity throughout the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read from cover to cover!, 14 Jun 2012
This book is a great read and had me gripped from start to finish. From the moment the action kicks off it doesn't stop and you get to really visualize what these guys went through and the close calls had me completely on edge! As a reader i tend to dip in and out of books on war, but this is one i would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Oct 2013
This book opens up a new world to all of us. Heartrendering at times and very well written and gives the reader an insight into the forces that we would never know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 6 July 2013
Well written book about a team of special forces I'd never even heard of!

The bravery of these men contrast starkly against the seeming lack of funding and kit our forces all seem to suffer from

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 22 May 2013
This is a great book with a great look into the Special Forces, keeps you hooked and David Blakeley has written it in great detail. Would recommend..

5.0 out of 5 stars Path finder by David Blakely, 27 Feb 2013
Enjoyed the book very much what the pf finder have to do credit to u all the British army the best

4.0 out of 5 stars SAS, MOVE OVER PATHFINDER WILL AMAZE YOU, 29 July 2014
PATHFINDER AMAZING BOOK, read this one after his first book.
It was a lovely book, which described a soldiers life, but also those of his mates, and comrades, shocking in some places, how the British can send peoples sons and husband into war without the correct uniform, food, conditions for them to fight a war.
Its amazing how the USA can afford to send their's fully equipped, I am so happy that they will share there goodies, and equipment with us.

Pathfinder: A Special Forces Mission Behind Enemy Lines
Pathfinder: A Special Forces Mission Behind Enemy Lines by David Blakeley (Paperback - 9 May 2013)
7.03