4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant sequel
Published on 24 Nov 2012 by Justhavingfun

2.0 out of 5 stars its a kids book ?
I am a big Harlen Coben fan ,and picked it up saw the name Bolitar on it and bought it .but its obviouslt aimed at a younger age group ,which is fine but i wished it was clearly flagged up .
Published 14 months ago by Dean Calculator

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant sequel, 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2) (Hardcover)
Seconds Away is the second in the Mickey Bolitar book and was just as good as the first. The plot picks up where Shelter left off and focuses on a shooting involving their friend Rachel and her family. As usual it is a fast paced read full of witty comments and twists to keep the book interesting. What I liked about this book was that you find out more about the characters and in particular Ema, what was also nice was that the relationship between Mickey and Myron has thawed a little which was nice to read. Although aimed at young adults I still found this to be a really enjoyable thriller read with just less violence than the Myron Bolitar series. For me though it does not get 5 stars just because I felt that there was something missing that is there in the Myron Bolitar series but still a very good, exciting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as ever, 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2) (Hardcover)
I discovered my first Harlan Coben book a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. This book has been eagerly awaited and did not disappoint, not that I expected it to, I can only hope Mickey 3 comes out soon.

2.0 out of 5 stars its a kids book ?, 11 Oct 2013
Dean Calculator (newport, gwent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for adults, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2) (Hardcover)
I ordered this book without knowing that it was part of the 'young adult' range. After the first chapter, I had the feeling that something was very wrong. I am really not sure that the YA category of writing is anything but a commercial decision. When I was a kid I got my first adult library ticket at the age of 14 and being let loose in the 'grown up' library was one of the most exciting days of my life. I didn't need a staging post, although I suppose a short sojourn in the land of Mickey B. and his friends would have been OK at 11 or 12. The hungry gap in reading was just that - whetting my appetite for real books. Sorry - a few more words about the book? Don't bother to read it yourself, but try it on an early teen. I liked Spoon - the lonely geeky kid and the oh-so-mature Ema. Yeah, I am weakening - HC does know his craft.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seconds away, 4 Jan 2013
Harlan coben books (stand alone or Myron series) gave me a good appetite for reading, these books are amazing, funny and always have great twists and turns in them. This one doesn't though, bring back Myron and win!, these latest lot (Mickey bolitar) are a bit like reading about Scooby doo and the mystery machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Byron Jnr, 2 Oct 2013
Good, but must admit I would pick Bolitar Snr stories first. Still, an enjoyable read for readers of other Coben books

2.0 out of 5 stars Seconds Away, 15 Mar 2013
Love Harlan Coben but this was written for teenagers and was a bit tame. I enjoyed the first Mickey Bolitar more although I cant wait for the new stand alone novel to be released.
Wish Myron and Win would return as we miss them in the family as we are all fans

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down, 21 Nov 2012
This review is from: Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2) (Hardcover)
Having read many of his books, this was a real let down. His characters were weak and the storyline not believable. It was more like a storyline from Scooby Doo , with a group of pesky kids solving several serious crimes and murders, very disappointing and with a predictable ending.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seconds away, 8 Nov 2012
Not his best work , jumps about to much . I got bored a few times and put it down ,which is not like Coben's books ...

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating - Incomplete Story, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2) (Hardcover)
I've read Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitor novels. They're great, and each is a complete story with a satisfying end, and some minor plot strands running through the whole series.

Then I started the Mickey Bolitar novels. These are one story, chopped into parts, with cliffhangers at the end. It seems we don't get a complete story until we've read them all - and we can't read them all until they're published, which seems to happen at the rate of one a year. I don't know how many books are planned for this series.I don't want to wait 20 years to finish reading a story.

The first book's ending wasn't so bad. It was unbelievable and unsatisfactory, but at least it was a story in itself, with at least some of the plot threads tied up and the main puzzle solved.

But this book ends in the middle of the story, and it leaves us hanging. That's not acceptable to me.

I don't want to wait until next year, read the next book, and find I'm left hanging again. So I don't think I'll buy the next book. Well, maybe I'll buy it in twenty years.

This is a shame, because the characters are fantastic, the story is exciting, the writing style fluid. I was really enthralled. I felt cheated.

Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2)
Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar 2) by Harlan Coben (Hardcover - 11 Oct 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01