4.0 out of 5 stars Eastend at it's best., 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Paperback)
I've read a couple of Jean Fullerton's books now and I really do like the style in which she writes. I love the East end of london references and all the detailed descriptions of the times and areas.

The Author writes a strong leading ladies and always an attractive man, but there is never a simple romance. Kate is no exception to the rule in this book. The struggles that the families face seem totally real to the times they are set in and therefore makes the book seem more real. Say son the back of the book, a real page turner of which I have to agree!

Without hesitation I would read other works by this Author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold on to Hope, 17 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Hardcover)
This is the fourth and, sadly, final book in Jean Fullerton's Victorian series. Kate Ellis was seduced by a wastrel, Freddie Ellis, and her family forced a marriage. Freddie is a violent criminal and Kate is relieved when he's sent to prison. Unfortunately he returns and intends to ruin the life Kate has made for herself and her two children.
Captain Jonathan Quin becomes headmaster at the local school and the two are immediately attracted to each other.
I read this book in one sitting and enjoyed every page of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Hardcover)
I was just as engrossed in this novel as I was with the author's previous three! I felt like I was in the story and did not want to put it down. Excellent characters and story lines with great scene setting and atmosphere. You will love this if you are a fan of period romance but I would definitely recommend giving it a try even if you are not! The author clearly has a great knowledge and fondness of the East End of London and the sentiment jumps off of every page. Ten out of ten!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down !, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Kindle Edition)
I'm a fan of Jean Fullerton's books, I have to confess. I've read all of them, some twice, and always with the feeling that I can't put them down. Hold on to Hope is another winner. A great story and amazing characters who feel real and three dimentional. Somehow this writer slips in historical detail so you don't notice it -you are transported back in time and left cheering for her protagonist. What an inspiration !

5.0 out of 5 stars Hero's still abound, 27 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Kindle Edition)
All Ms Fullerton's books have been excellent, This is no exception and in fact if I may be so bold this is the best of the bunch so far. the Hero is outstanding, the damsel in distress is tough but trapped in Victorian conventions in a marriage which is both brutal and a lesson to all women never to fall in love with the flash 'Harry type. I did wonder how the heroine married to a vicious gang member could live happily ever after, only the hero can save her, but how he does so, within the confines of Victorian convention will leave you clapping with joy , (a masterpiece of historical research by the way that informs us but never interferes with the story) but I think its no secret by now that Ms Fullerton likes to give her readers a happy ending so be prepared to laugh and cry as you read this. now have to wait for her next offering which I'm sure will be even better

4.0 out of 5 stars Hold on to hope, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Kindle Edition)
A gripping story with plenty of intrigue and mystery. I Love a happy ending. It is my first book by this author but it won't be my last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold on to Hope, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Kindle Edition)
I just love Jean Fullerton, its the third book I have read of hers and they are all excellent and worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Kindle Edition)
really enjoyed this book, lovely story, i like the author, she does write some lovely books, would recomend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold on to Hope, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Kindle Edition)
I didn't think it could get any better than the three previous books, but this goes to prove me wrong. This book is exceptionally brilliant. In places it scared the living daylights out of me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Hold on to Hope (Paperback)
love this author she did a talk at our W.I and I have purchased every book that she has written wating for the paper back version of her latest Call nurse Milie

Hold on to Hope
Hold on to Hope by Jean Fullerton (Hardcover - 16 Feb. 2012)