5.0 out of 5 stars Should come with a health warning!
The crime: unspeakable; The secrets: Unfathomable: The Tension: Too much!
Published on 13 Jan 2011 by rhosymynydd

3.0 out of 5 stars Secrets to the Grave, TamiHoag
Well-written, page-turner of a book. It's the second of the Oak Knoll novels, and the third I read, marking all the Oak Knoll stories(so far).
The story features a particularly vicious murder of a young woman, a d the attempted murder of her 4-year-old daughter. The hunt for the murderer opens doors to several dark places.
Gratifyingly, I didn't spot the...
Published 16 months ago by Gareth Richard Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Should come with a health warning!, 13 Jan 2011
rhosymynydd "liz" (west wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Secrets to the Grave (Hardcover)
The crime: unspeakable; The secrets: Unfathomable: The Tension: Too much!
Beware all readers with heart conditions. This book will fascinate, terrify but grip you until you have reached the last page. When you think all hope is lost of finding the mystery villain of the piece, the tables are suddenly turned. Great twist. Plot outlines above if you like synopsis. I prefer to be surprised and I certainly was by the strength of writing in this novel. I think this is one of the best of Tami Hoag's books and it won't be the last one I wil buy. I heartedly ommend the author for giving us such a good novel. Warning: Begin this when you hve time on your hands because you won't be able to put it down!!!!Secrets to the Grave

4.0 out of 5 stars Really gripping, definitely a page turner., 5 July 2011
N. J. H. (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Secrets to the Grave (Hardcover)
What I look for in a book is something to make me think and ask questions. This book was perfect for that. I've actually never read anything by Tami Hoag before but after readiing this the first thing I did was search for her other books because I thought she was that good.

Essentially this book focuses on the gruesome murder of a vivacious, attractive artist - the only witness is her barely alive daughter claiming, "Daddy hurt my mummy!". And so the search for "Daddy" begins. The main character is Anne, a child advocate and a victim to a potential murder. So as you can imagine, Anne attempts to help Haley (the young witness) recover whilst her husband discovers as much as he can about Marrissa Fordham (Haley's murdered mother).

There are an uncountable number of twists and turns - a really good read. Hoag left clues within the chapters for those people who like to figure it out along the way. I have to admit I am a culprit of this and the reason I have awarded this 4 instead of 5 stars is that I figured it out. Still fantastic and the twists are really interesting. I loved the way she described everything so beautifully, she wasn't at all delicate which was great - the description of the murder victim when she was found was enough to make my jaw actually drop.

I recommend this, I can't compare it to previous novels since I haven't read any, but a brilliant stand-alone; I can't wait to check out her other work.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book that is hard to put down, 19 Jun 2011
M. E. Newell (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets to the Grave (Hardcover)
We have come back to the city of Oak Knoll, where single mom Marissa Fordham has been brutally murder and the only witness was her daughter Haley. The only one who can help Haley is Anne Leone, who still struggling with getting away from the "See-No-Evil" killer. But with her new husband Vince and police deputy Tony Mendez they begin to dig deeper in Marisa's life and they begin to realize that Marissa knows secret of that may have lead to her death.
"Secret to the Grave" is the lastest offering by Tami Hoag and really enjoyed it. Ms.Hoag gives the reader a great story that leaving the reader guessing to the very last page to who the killer is. While this book may not be for the faint of heart, any reader who loves a good mystery will enjoy "Secrets to the Grave"

5.0 out of 5 stars Secrets to the Grave, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: Secrets to the Grave (Hardcover)
This book is the second part of the story from Tami Hoag. If you have read the first one before you start this one you feel like you know all the characters already which is nice. I loved it. If you like Karin Slaughter then this is your sort of book !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb book from Tami Hoag, 3 Feb 2011
Jean Mccutcheon "scottish girl" (lochwinnoch. scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets to the Grave (Hardcover)
Another super book from Tami Hoag. Has flashbacks to previous book-deeper than the Dead- but can also be read as stand alone. Keeps the suspense going. highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Secrets to the grave, 23 July 2013
I should have read deeper than dead first but it was still a very good read did not work it out great twist to the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of Tami's best reads, 26 Jun 2013
I am a great fan of Tami Hoag and I can honestly say this was one of her best books. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good thriller, it certainly kept me on my toes, I just couldn't put it down!

3.0 out of 5 stars Secrets to the Grave, TamiHoag, 10 Mar 2013
Gratifyingly, I didn't spot the murderer until the end, whereas I normally spot whodunit several chapters from the end.
I Would recommend the Oak Knoll trilogy to those who like Tess Gerritsen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as her later books which I really enjoyed., 11 Oct 2013
As this was the second book in a trilogy, I would have preferred to read the first book but I am glad I didn't. I thought the plot was very far fetched and I wouldn't read the third one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 4 Aug 2013
I have always enjoyed Tami's books and this was no exception, I was hooked from the first page.Thoroughly recommended to crime fiction enthusiasts.

Secrets to the Grave
Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag (Paperback - 8 Dec 2011)
5.24