5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas with Miss Read
I was intoduced to Miss Read at the tender age of 14.....since then I have read and re-read all her novels. I just feel as if ,Im sitting there living with the characters. I bought this book even though I,ve read these books before. I treasure my time with Miss Read. Highly recommened.
Published on 2 Jan 2012 by staffs couple

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I'd never read a Miss Read book before but a friend of mine loves them. I think it might have been a generation thing. Found the opinions of some of her characters too narrow-minded for me, but I know many people enjoy her books, just not for me.
Published 22 months ago by Mrs. J. Potter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas with Miss Read, 2 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas With Miss Read, 23 Dec 2011
What a lovely book to read! You get two books in one which I found, was very good value for money. My favourite story was "The Christmas Mouse." I enjoyed the bit where the two young girls of Mary are growing up, and are not sure whether Father Christmas will be coming with presents. But eventually, Father Christmas does arrive! I would recommend this Kindle edition to add your Kindle repertoire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Read, 19 Mar 2013
As I have come to expect from Miss Read's ability as an author, it is excellent. I cannot wait for the remainder of the Fairacre series to be made available for Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book !, 1 Nov 2011
Once again Miss Read delivers a delightful read for the festive period, lovely !! It's nice to read traditional story telling for a change.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to read., 31 May 2014
As always an absolute pleasure to read. Well written characters and the descriptions of the village life a real joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Read, 6 Mar 2014
Mr. William Scott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas with Miss Read: Christmas at Fairacre, A Country Christmas (Paperback)
This was a present for a friend who was unable to find the book in local bookshops; it is a lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Read books - always a pleasure to read, 22 Feb 2014
Can't give a higher rating! Always a pleasure as the characters are so real. One gets to know their characters and idiosyncrasies intimately. They are all friends (well perhaps not Mrs Pringle or Arthur Coggs). It is a 'nostalgia' book of times past but true to life. I have taught briefly in such schools. I'd recommend this book (and all her books) to anyone who wants an easy read but entering into the life of village community.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 3 Jan 2014
great service speedy delivery. i love this book as it is one of the few i hadnt read before. great book look forward to buying more!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars MISS READ COLLECTION, 30 Dec 2013
Heart warming collection of a couple of novels and several short stories. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of these over Christmas. Well worth the price if you're a fan of Miss Read. I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas with Miss Read, 6 Sep 2013
An excellent read yet again from Miss Read. All these books are so well written and the central characters are so true to life

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›