Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 December 2013
This was a gift and the person was really pleased with it as they were not expecting it. Good gift.
on 5 April 2015
Sabbath were the first 'big' band I saw live, and loved them for it, but what a 'car crash' of a band they were!
Here Mick Wall puts you in that car, and to be honest it's a helluva ride, think you know all about 'Sabs'?
You'll know a damn site more after you've read this, superb read....
on 18 May 2015
Excellent book, by far the best Sabbath biography in print. Mick Wall offers a fresh take on the well known story.
on 20 June 2014
Don't know how definitive but a thoroughly good read! Any Sabbath fans out there will need this on their shelves!
on 18 April 2015
Came on time and as described. my daughter was delighted with her gift.
on 13 January 2014
This book on the Sabbs is very good indeed. It actually has bits about the band that, even as a massive fan, I didn't know of. It's punctuated with some good photos too. The editing is a bit sloppy in places, but who cares when it's such an interesting page-turner? An excellent purchase for fans of this particular band and for rock fans in general. Read it!
on 16 January 2016
Top book , really good window into the life of Sabbath.
on 11 February 2014
This is a book and it arrived on time. As it was a gift I can not say more than that but I had a flick through and it looks good but as I have not read cover to cover I can not comment on the accuracy.
on 2 March 2014
If you're a Sabbath fan, this is well worth reading. The reasons for this are that, apart from the story being interesting anyway, Mick Wall is a good journalist (I remember him well from his days at Kerrang!) and he was involved with the band at the time, so writes with some authority. There was a lot in here I didn't know.

The only criticism I have is that he 'reviews' each album, and while I agree with some of his views, I completely disagree with others (e.g. his opinions of 'Headless Cross'). He is generally disparaging of the 'Tony Martin' years, which a lot of older Sabbath fans are, but there are many of us who love those albums (with the possible exception of 'Forbidden'). I feel his views and opinions of the albums are at odds with the factual and interview-based text.

Other than that minor point, this is a great read and highly recommended.
on 18 December 2013
bought it a few weeks ago for my husband when it came out and read it after reading Mick Walls Lou Reed book because that was so good. I liked Reed more because I know about him. Never really knew about Sabbath except Ozzy and Paranoid but wow my mind was blown. Talks about the music really well but it's the incredible people that really knock you out. Sjharon, Tony, Ozzy, Bill, Geezer, even Randy Rhoads who I'd never heard of but now wish I had. Brillaint.