5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!
Scenario...you are on holiday to California, from London Heathrow, and your literary resources are exhausted! What do you do?
Buy this of course! It's awesome!!! I'd never heard of Robert Ludlum before this, so I wrote it off as another boring novel produced by some obscure author, as soonas my dad handed over the money.
I think that two thankyous are in...
Published on 26 Nov. 2002 by T. Richards

2.0 out of 5 stars A book of two halves
I must admit that it's been a couple of years since I read the first of the Bourne series, and as such found it quite difficult to get into this one. There's not much of a synopsis of the first book, and I had to resort to Google-ing for a plot summary to remember what had happened and who the characters were. The first third of the book takes a great deal of patience to...
Published on 17 April 2009 by D. C. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Publisher take note, 20 Aug. 2012
Dear publisher,iIf you insist on charging more for the electronic version than the papeback version, then at least proof read the electronic version. I had the hardback in my bag, but it became too cumbersome on the train so bought the Kindle version. There are dozens of transcript errors e.g. 'h' instead of 'b', and lots of missing spaces, especially after an exclamation mark (these errors are not in the hardback version). This just annoys me. If it was a few pence for the Kindle book then fair enough, but at £4.99 it is a disgrace. Good read spoilt by the shoddy transcript.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great, 27 Aug. 2004
This was the first time I have read one of Robert Ludlum's books. Although I enjoyed the movie version of The Bourne Identity I usually prefer to read a book before I see a movie of it, so when The Bourne Supremacy was re-released to coincide with the movie I got hold of a copy.
The first thing that become obvious to someone who hasn't read the first book is that the film makers took some big liberties; it took me about a third of the book to stop picturing Matt Damon as Webb/Bourne. At first this annoyed me but as I got further into the story I began to appreciate why this had been done - the story as written seems dated. The main action takes place in Hong-Kong while it is still under British control when in real life it's now six years since the colony was handed back to the Chinese.
This is a minor quibble, however, and the suspense that is build up by Ludlum over the course of the book is adequate to take your mind off it. Also he has created an extremely complex character in David Webb/Jason Bourne that you really empathise with. The supporting characters are good as well.
Another problem I had is Ludlum's use of dialogue. He often has long conversations without prompts to remind the reader which character is which, this caused me to get lost on several occasions requiring me to go back and start the page again.
In summery this book is worth a read if you are a fan of the genre but otherwise stick to the movie version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Bourne Supremacy (JASON BOURNE) (Paperback)
Good

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but takes a while!!!!, 23 Nov. 2005
Mr. Clark Gillies (West Kilbride, Ayrshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
After reading the Bourne Identity I bought this book, to see the next chapter of the Bourne Adventure.
It's a good read, but after you are 1/4 of the way through it, the story starts to drag on (a chapter on what Bourne is doing, then suddenly moving away from him in the next chapter and about 15 pages of Marie!!!) Picks up over the last 100 or so pages.
It is awfully slow (infact I gave up reading half way through to read the Bourne Legacy before going back to it) but an enjoyable story if you can devote time to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition impossible to read, 31 Aug. 2011
I've just downloaded the Kindle edition, and whoever did the formatting must be related to Mr Magoo. There's triple line spacing (at least) between paragraphs. When there's lots of dialogue there can be about twelve lines on a page. Completely unreadable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt by lots of errors, 18 Jan. 2012
I was very much looking forward to reading this book as I really enjoyed "The Bourne Identity"

The story was okay but probably drawn out a bit too much.
This was made worse but so many printing errors. Not just one or two space & spelling mistakes but dozens. Very poor job really considering it was a full priced book.

This has now put me off adding anymore of the series to my collection, shame really.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 9 Sept. 2004
mikeG (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I think that some of my fellow reviewers have touched on problems in this book.
Firstly, it's long-winded. Whilst I appreciate that Ludlum is keen to display the two opposing sides of his character, you can only do this so many times before it becomes boring. It felt like large swathes of the book were copied and pasted.
Secondly, it's slow. Oh, it's slow. It's a big book, and even by half way through I had no more of an idea whether there was a bigger story than "I have to get my wife back". Frankly I just wanted them either reunited or his wife shot, just so that this particularly irritating storyline could be wrapped up.
Thirdly, the manner of writing seems rather awkward. The sentences and paragraphs don't flow, it feels like an effort to read it, and I wasn't left wanting to read more, rather I wanted back the time I'd wasted reading it.
I lost the book on the bus about half way through reading it. I wasn't particularly bothered, which I think says it all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 9 Sept. 2007
A generic unimaginative storyline, been there and read it all before. An extremely poor writing style, agonising to read and boredom was the only drive to finish it. I'm sure some devotees will enjoy it, but there are far better spy thrillers out there.

The Bourne Supremacy (JASON BOURNE)
The Bourne Supremacy (JASON BOURNE) by Robert Ludlum (Paperback - 4 Feb. 2010)