5.0 out of 5 stars A Tangled Web
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and unlike most of Harlan Coben's books, I hadn't guessed whodunnit until the closing pages.

We are introduced to Megan, who is a happily married housewife with perfect husband and family. I found her a believable character and wanted to read this as quickly as possible to find out how it all panned out.

Megan has a...
Published 24 months ago by Patricia A. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, At Best!
With the exception of Miracle Cure, I've read all of Coben's adult audience books and enjoyed them all, albeit some more than others. This string of praise-worthy books has come to an end for me with Stay Close.

I won't provide a plot summary as this can be gotten from the Amazon Book Description above. I'll just say that Coben's latest standalone, which is set...
Published on 11 April 2012 by Bobbewig

3.0 out of 5 stars Stay close Harlan coben, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Stay Close (Kindle Edition)
I am a Harlan Coburn fan and have read most of his novels, I enjoyed this one very much and really enjoyed the twists and turns within the story

4.0 out of 5 stars Staying Close, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Hardcover)
It is refreshing to find a good stand alone thriller and have all you need to know encapsulated in one book.

Harlan Coben is new to me and he very nearly lost me with the first chapter. I would have preferred to meet Megan first, but that is just a personal preference. It did take me a while to get used to his style and rhythm but, as the characters revealed themselves and the plot began to spin, I was in.

The plot unfolds around a housewife with a secret, a cop with a nagging cold case, and a photographer who is haunted by a vision of blood. They are bound together by one night seventeen years ago and an event that touched each of their lives.

It's a familiar plot that twists and turns its way to a satisfying and unusual ending. I didn't quite see it coming, nor the aftermath.

The characters are well drawn but Ken and Barbie had the biggest impact on me; simply unforgettable and the stuff that nightmares are made of.

I was an enjoyable read, and I do like a good stand alone novel, so I shall be staying close and reading more of Mr. Coben.

4.0 out of 5 stars My First Harlan Coben, 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Hardcover)
I have never read a Harlan Coben book before, and have never really wanted to, assuming that they weren't really my kind of thing. But I was pleasantly surprised. Harlan Coben is clearly very good at what he does. The plot is complex without being unintelligible, the characters are interesting and well-drawn, and his writing style keeps you turning the pages. He doesn't waste words. By far my favourite parts of the book were those involving intriguing and unlikely psychopaths Barbie and Ken. I would willingly read a whole book about them and their backstory. Not that it really matters, but I didn't guess 'whodunnit' until very near the end. A very entertaining read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing crime novel, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Kindle Edition)
Stay Close is the story of three people who have to revisit the past they have tried to put behind them. The storyline of apparently random missing cases is intriguing, as is the character of Megan, a typical housewife with a secret past, and Broome, a detective who can't shake the cold case from years earlier.
This book is a real page turner as you delve into the secret lives of supposedly everyday people heading towards events which could devastate the lives they have built for themselves. Looking forward to trying more Harlan Coben novels!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay Close by Harlan Coben, 18 May 2012
S. L. Batt (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stay Close (Kindle Edition)
I have read an awful lot of his books but at the moment have not read this book as I intend to take it with me on my Kindle when I go away in a couple of weeks. I have no doubt that I will enjoy reading it as I have enjoyed previous books he has written and woulod recommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of Cobens best, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Kindle Edition)
I have read all his books and enjoyed the majority for their wit and pacy story lines. This book was just ok. However it wouldnt put me of reading any of his books this one just lacked his usual punchiness.

5.0 out of 5 stars His best for a while..., 2 April 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Kindle Edition)
I'm a big fan of Harlan Coben right back from the early Myron Bolitar novels. The great thing about him is that you always know that you are going to be entertained whatever he writes. Never a dull moment in a Coben novel! This one is no different but the thing I really liked about it in particular is that feeling of the road-not-travelled. All those characters who stopped being who they wanted to be and became someone else - for better or worse. I found it really powerful and pretty moving... Good twist too. Didn't see it coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Harlan's best books to date., 4 April 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Hardcover)
This is one of Harlan's best books to date. It rivals some of my all-time favourites like `Tell No One' and `Caught', and it has the wit and flair of his brilliant Myron Bolitar series. `Stay Close' is clever, gripping and it's got three great central characters - Ray, Megan and Broome - who are all locked in their own dark and murky pasts. Plus there is a host of awesome secondary characters, including one of the most evil, sadistic twosomes I've come across in a long while: Ken and Barbie (don't be fooled by their names!). What I love about Harlan - and what this book has in bucketfuls - is that he is a great observer of human nature and his wry, perfectly timed humour breaks the tension in an otherwise nerve-shattering novel. This is a brilliant book and a hard-to-put-down read. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Hardcover)
Coben fans will not be disappointed in Stay Close. This is a dark, twisting story full of pace and drama. As ever, he's got his characters completely spot on. I guarantee you won't be able to stop reading once you've started. Enjoy!

Stay Close
Stay Close by Harlan Coben (Paperback - 14 Mar 2013)
7.03