4.0 out of 5 stars e-mails, love and murders
Published on 6 Jun 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but didn't live up to expectations
I bought this book based on its intriguing title and synopsis and the number of excellent reviews but after a strong start, it didn't end up being the chilling and suspenseful book I expected. The twist at the end fell flat, adding nothing. The book reads at killer speed as it moves quickly from scene to scene and it held my attention, but this technique can also divert...
Published on 20 Aug 2002

4.0 out of 5 stars e-mails, love and murders, 6 Jun 2001
This review is from: Tell No One (Hardcover)
An excellent murder-mystery with plenty of characters and plenty of twists and turns, right through to the very last page. For fans of the Myron Bolitar series the writing style is different, but then presumably Harlan Coben thought it was time for a change. Some of the story is written autobiographically by Dr. David Beck and the rest written in the third person - quite an interesting approach. I look forward to the film - it should be a great improvement on many of the thrillers released over the last few years. Highly recommended - an ideal holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment Plus, 14 Sep 2001
Untouchable (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tell No One (Hardcover)
David Beck thought his wife was murdered eight years ago, the victim of a serial killer. Then an anonymous email arrives which suggests that, just possibly, she's still alive. To add to the intrigue, the murder case is reopened and Beck is now the FBI's main suspect. The action takes off when Beck becomes a fugitive and is not only pursued by the police, but also by a bunch of thugs intent on silencing him for good - and how on earth do those blokes come into it?. All the while, he tries to meet up with the mystery correspondent, not an easy task when it seems his every move is monitored.
I found this to be one of those books that seems a lot shorter than it actually is because the action is non-stop, you barely have time to get over one near miss when you're confronted with some other danger or a new piece of the puzzle is put into place. It's a compelling book thanks to the mystery surrounding the death of Elizabeth Back, wife of David Beck. This was one of the more enjoyable books I've read this year and rate it very highly purely on its ability to entertain.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! - "Tell Everyone" about this read, 14 Mar 2002
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
WOW! is the after effect from this book. From beginning to end you cannot put this down. I lived and breathed my days at work to find out what happened next!
Effectively written in first person for the main character (Beck), this book is a gripping tangle of intertwined personal agendas and feelings. You could not guess the end result in a million years!I was addicted to this book, even to the very last page, and had to physically prevent myself from reading the end chapter to see the outcome!
Exciting, tearful, addictive, absolutely thrilling!
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes to be "blown away" with a believable thriller, and certainly felt like I had been slapped in the face by a FANTASTIC read!
The best book I have read for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flippin Fab, 17 Mar 2006
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
This book was the best I have read in a long time - I am new to Mr Coben's work and this will not be last one I read. Something happens on every page and its gripping. I read it in 2 days and was disappointed when I had to sleep and put the book down till the morning! I 110% recommend this one and I am off to get another right now.......

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant crime thriller that you simply can't put down!, 14 July 2001
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
Tell No One is a gripping crime mystery which takes you on an emotional roller coaster with a twisting-turning plot that has you sitting on the edge of your seat. I could not, quite literally, put it down and have read it from start to finish, on two separate occasions for six hours at a stretch.
The story revolves around Dr Beck, a sympathetic central character, who receives an email from his adored but dead wife. She was murdered nine years previously. His investigation into her murder and messages from beyond the grave make this novel a must-read. Harlan Coben is a brilliant story teller delivering extraordinary but believable characters to life and finely weaving three intricate subplots, as well as the main story, into this compelling masterpiece.
If you have not read any other books by this author, Tell No One is a great introduction. It comes as no surprise to learn that the film rights were sold before it was even published!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Incredible!!, 2 April 2003
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I have read so far... It totally grips you in from the first page and doesn't let you go until the end. I read this book in 2 days flat - the fastest Ive ever read a book! (Im a slow reader - typical book - 1 month!).
I seriously recommend this book to anyone, you wont be disappointed!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read!, 24 May 2005
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
Eight years ago Beck lost his wife to a serial killer...or so he thought until he started to receive emails from someone that knows things only she could.
From the start of this book, to the end, it is a fantastic read and I could barely put it down. I've read others from the same author and I wasn't dissapointed this time.
If you want a great holiday book, pick this one, my only sadness was that it finished - albeit with a great twist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 12 July 2001
This review is from: Tell No One (Hardcover)
This is an absolutely excellent book. After each chapter I thought I'd sussed out who the killer was, only to change my mind a few pages later. I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. I am a fan of crime novels but had never read anything by Coben before, I shall definetely be reading more. Excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Chilling and un-put-down-able, 29 Oct 2001
This review is from: Tell No One (Hardcover)
I wasn't a particular fan of crime novels, but I read a synopsis of this book as did a few of the reviewers here, but from the very first chapter I was hooked. I kept having to hide it under my desk at work to read it! It makes you try and work it all out by yourself, with every single twist and turn everyone becomes a suspect and every page is a thriller. If your train journey in the morning is a long one then this book will make it shorter; you get to the end and you realised your amatueur sleuthing was all wrong! The characters are ace, you can see them and the places described in your head. Cannot wait for the film!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable ! The washing up just had to wait!, 3 Mar 2002
This review is from: Tell No One (Paperback)
I saw the preview on amazon and thought that this book sounded like a good one, and on buying and starting to read I realised my instincts were correct.
Right from the start the reader is transported straight to the action and at times it feels as though everything that happens to David Beck happens to you. The novel is narrated from Davids point of view and easily flips from past to 'present' day, and how he is coping with his life and living day to day after the tragedy of the past, then bam! a bolt from the blue and it all goes haywire!
The writing is very descriptive and easy to read,it keeps you focused preventing your mind wandering, and reading the same bits over and over. I desperately wanted it all to be alright and back to normal for him especially when he then becomes a fugitive, and resorts to hiding out and running from the police. David then seeing a different world to his cosy existence, and having to act accordingly against all of his previous principles. The answers to the questions and mystery are finally revealed certainly not in the way that I suspected and the ending was a surprise. I feel that this novel would certainly be one which could easily adapt into an excellent movie.

Tell No One
Tell No One by Harlan Coben (Paperback - 28 May 2009)
7.27