4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Frisky
Published on 4 Dec 2009 by H. Callaghan

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall liked, but not as good as her other books
I absolutely adored Belle's first book, I was hooked & when I saw this one I couldn't wait to read it a prostitute I imagined would have great advice on men, I mean she has after all seen lots of different types of men & knows exactly what they find attractive in a women etc.
Published on 11 Mar 2010 by Grace

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Frisky, 4 Dec 2009
H. Callaghan "Alice in Wonderland" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Belle de Jour's Guide to Men (Hardcover)
You've got to admit the concept is intriguing - a prostitute meets a lot of guys, and in a fairly privileged role, like a doctor or an undertaker. Presumably she sees them behaving in ways that I'm not likely to see, for instance. And it's a gender-specific thing, so it would be difficult for me to tease out in my own personal observations and use. So her views would be interesting to know, and indeed, so it proves.

What was more revelatory, at least for me who isn't familiar with her blog, was how witty she was. She struck me as someone it would be fairly fun to get pissed with. I was less convinced by her classification of women and their needs - none of her three major categories described me in any way - but then you're not buying this as serious dating advice, as evidenced by the wonderfully random Index and flowchart at the back. You're having a good laugh and picking up a few piquant observations along the way.

Recommendation: Would make a great Christmas present for a girly mate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Buy it!, 11 Oct 2009
This review is from: Belle de Jour's Guide to Men (Hardcover)
My friend recommended this to me as I am a fan of Belle's previous books. This one's slightly different as it's a clever, funny version of a self help book written in Belle's usual unique way. It's honest and refreshing and you can certainly relate to it. The advice is priceless and I can guarantee that as well as giggling your wa through it you'll find it useful in your dating life!

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall liked, but not as good as her other books, 11 Mar 2010
This review is from: Belle de Jour's Guide to Men (Hardcover)
Bit disappointing really though, worth a read for a laugh which is why I bought it but overall I just didn't feel like Belle was as interesting in this book, infact she felt kind of bland. I liked the chapter about what men really think, I could think of a few women I know that fitted into the categories that were described & funnily enough I picked up a few little bits of knowledge too. Overall give it a read if someone will lend you it but I wouldn't buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Belle de Jour's Guide to Men (Hardcover)
This is a humorous and enlightening book an ex-secret blogger/scientist/courtesan . I can't be certain how much
information in the book she learned from her brief career "making men happy" or if she is just naturally perceptive
but writing as a man she seems to have a pretty good understanding of us.

This isn't Shakespeare or Chaucer but a fun and informative way to spend a few hours. As long as you
approach it in that way it is definitely worth a read.

2.0 out of 5 stars meh, 6 May 2014
Not really sure what I expected from it, but it wasn't this. Some amusing moments, but nothing really insightful or meaningful along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Boys vs Alpha Males clearly described, 6 Feb 2014
The definitive work on the differences between Bad Boys and Alpha Males is contained within - thank you Belle, you're almost a Goddess!

This book is funny, insightful, funny, clever and just hilarious! And contains exactly the gems of wisdom that I wish I had been more able to impart during those times when I've been quizzed about the guy's perspective and "what am I doing wrong?" from an emotionally bruised and newly single friend of my girlfriend. Should this happen in future, they'll be issued with a copy of this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery!, 4 Sep 2013
This product arrived earlier than expected in great condition! Would definitely recommend this item to anyone! Still to read the book but I've loved the others!

3.0 out of 5 stars Amusing!, 29 Jun 2013
A funny, light-hearted beach read. I read it in a couple of hours. Maybe not one I'd go back to but entertaining none the less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and full of good thinking, 25 Feb 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this... though being one I don't need that much of a guide! It's frequently witty, repeatedly wise and always entertaining. Well worth the outlay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 19 July 2012
Delivered really quickly and in great condition, just like new, thanks. Looking forward to reading it as the other books about Belle have been a good easy read.

Belle de Jour's Guide to Men
Belle de Jour's Guide to Men by Belle de Jour (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2009)
Used & New from: £0.01