4.0 out of 5 stars Myron's most personal hunt yet

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost feel cheated
Published 19 months ago by freesia

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost feel cheated, 19 Nov 2012
freesia (Back of beyond) - See all my reviews
This is about my 14 or 15th harlan coben book i have read. Some of them i have loved but as you read through the myron bolitar series, the story gets obscured by unnecessary and boring descriptions of surroundings and how to hit, or not hit someone. Memories of childhood are repeated from other books and that seems so lazy to me and used as a page filler. I love the relationship and the storyline of myron and win but instead of upping the ante with the duo, it seems to me that coben cant be bothered and fills the pages with stuff previously written and fills and pads his books out now with stuff thats neither interesting or necessary. Disppointing and i wont be reading anymore for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Myron's most personal hunt yet, 16 May 2011
I've just finished this book today and wow! It sure is exciting! I've been reading these books for the past 7 or 8 years and loved each one (and have re-read several on numerous occasions), so when I read a new addition to the series it is like revisiting old friends. Although this touches on some very serious matters with regards to the Bolitar family and it's past (which is all revealed in this one) the sharp, witty dialogue is still there, the action is very fast paced (and thankfully isn't as over the top and unbelievable as Long Lost, which I felt made Myron out to be some kind of superhero) and the story is full of mystery and twists around every corner.

As well as a bit of a Bolitar history lesson we also get to meet Myron's nephew Mickey. I'm not going to give anything away but how many parts of storyline in this book finishes makes me wonder if this is the end for the Myron series, particularly as the next Harlan Coben book is a young adult novel starring Mickey Bolitar called Shelter (due out late 2011). So maybe the baton has been passed over to his nephew for the spotlight from now on? Time will tell.

I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't the best in the series and definitely isn't the worst but it is a thoroughly good read and if this does happen to be the last on in the series then so be it. I will definitely miss Win, Esparenza, El-Al, Big Cyndi and of course Myron but the way this book finishes is great and I would be happy with this ending if that was it. No doubt if Mickey Bolitar is the lead guy in Coben's books from now on then Myron will pop up from time to time and I can't wait to see how it all goes from here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 1 Feb 2014
I've read all the Bolitar novels and this is the most intricate most satisfying of all Tremendous. Roll on the new series

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but possibly the end., 16 April 2011
I have loved the Myron Bolitar series for many years now, and it must be said, it is one of the most criminally underrated series in printed history. If, like me, you've followed the adventures of Myron, Win and Esperanza book to book, then I urge you to pick this one up. I was a little disappointed with Coben's previous effort Long Lost, but Live Wire really brings the series back to form. Even if it's not as great as the early stories it is still definitely well worth the read.

Without giving too much away, Live Wire follows Myron doing what he does best, namely, playing the hero. It does contrast however as we get to see a deeper glimpse into his family, especially his estranged brother and his nephew. The writing is as witty as ever, and it's interesting to see how the ageing Win and Myron deal with the modern world. I was disappointed with how the book ended. If this is going to be the last of the series it would have been nice to not have so many loose ends left loose.

One thing you will notice, which has been apparent with the last few books, is that the characters are getting old. Win and Myron aren't the 30-something-year-olds we first met in Deal Breaker as Coben will repeatedly point out. Once you finish this book you will even question whether there will be another Myron Bolitar novel, at least one where Myron, Win and Esperanza take centre stage. It does seem apparent that Harlan Coben intends to shift the focus of the series to Myron's nephew, Mickey (the first of these books, titled 'Shelter', will be released in 2012).

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back, Myron!, 3 July 2014
Linda Smith (Blackpool, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live Wire (Paperback)
Hadn't read a Coben book for a while and had fallen out of love with Myron but this made me fall back in love from page 1. Any book that makes your companion wonder what you are chuckling at is a great holiday read. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harlen Coben at his best, 30 Jun 2014
Always love these books. Murder and mayhem with a good story behind them - if a little far fetched at times

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another great read, 31 May 2014
Harlan Coben delivers yet another great read. I hope it isn't the end of Myron & Win they have helped me pass many a tedious journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Chapter, 3 Mar 2014
This is probably the last in the Myron Bolitar series - unless Mr Coben finds himself in need of some extra cash in a few years' time! It is a good read, with all the usual main characters doing what they usually do, and the new ones are interesting and typically larger-than-life.
Some reviewers have been critical of the repetition in Coben's books; it's true that certain salient facts are repeated in almost every one, but it is only repetitive if you read them all - which I and many others have chosen to do because we enjoy them. If you just picked one up not knowing anything about the main characters, the oft repeated background info would be useful. Each book is a stand-alone thriller, but if you read a Myron Bolitar story and enjoy it, try to go back to the beginning and work your way through - there is a list on Amazon which puts them in order - but perhaps don't start with this one as it's the last!
Coben is now writing about Myron's nephew, Mickey, to whom we are introduced in "Live Wire", but judging by most of the reviews, these are aimed at teenagers rather than adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 12 Nov 2013
Always enjoy this hero and his mate they make a good team , read this very quickly found it easy to read

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 26 Oct 2013
Another great book, this gripped me from the start and it didn't fail to deliver. Fantastic characters and a brilliant delivery.

Live Wire
Live Wire by Harlan Coben (Hardcover - 10 May 2011)
13.29