on 15 June 2010
I read The Secret first, and then this book. It is a natural follow on, but also I think it tells you everything that is in The Secret, but in a less 'hollywood' way (which I much prefer). Knowing what I do now, I would have just brought this book and not bothered with 'The Secret'. Inspirational stuff, really makes you rethink your life and your thoughts. Highly recommended.
22 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2010
I have just bought this book and have almost finished it, I plan to re read it and go through the excercises. What a brilliant book and really helpfull.
I would definatly recommend this book as it is helping me to overcome some of the things I am going through. Well done Jack for such good advice.
on 19 March 2011
This book was recommended by a friend of mine, and has totally changed my whole
perspective on life, the way I think , feel , and handle every day emotions, it has made me realise that life is more than the treadmill we are all aware of, and is for living, taking chances and achieving the impossible. all it takes is a dream , it down to you if you live it or leave it.. Thanks Sherie
on 28 March 2010
Canfield brings knowledge on the Law of Attraction to a new level. This book should be the natural next step after reading The Secret and The Law of Attraction basics. It is definitely not for everyone.
on 15 August 2009
bought this book because i have had an interest in law of attraction. half way through the book now and im really enjoying it, it has good explanations of this law of attraction plus the wee exersises are good fun for the beginners. unlike other reviews i like the mention of god in this book because i know theres a higher power indeed.

fully recommend!
on 15 September 2009
I also watched the film the Secret and read the book, where I was first introduced to Jack Canfield. Jack later produced a DVD to accompany this book, which I saw and was totally blown away.

The book is an essential tool for any one hoping to live the law of attraction. It's almost like a mini manual, that if you follow its instructions, you will begin to see your desires being attracted to you. It is not onerous, but very comprehensive and compact at the same time. I found that it really encouraged me to map out my life - literally!
I would also recommend Gratitude book, if you are really serious about changing your life for the better. Like other reviewers, I noticed that he mention God in the book a few times. I personally didn't have a problem with this, because Jack is a very successful man, if that who he identifies with - then there must be something in it..
Call it what you will, your higher self, the universe or God. Through this book Jack will show you how to pursue things that you'd previously only dare dream of.
on 26 March 2009
I think everyone should have a copy of this book, and it should be read regularly, the ideas behind it are common sense, which we all need reminding of from time to time. I will be buying copies of this book for others too. This is a relatively short book (164 pages), almost like a handbook size, its chapters are short and easy to read, although I think people will benefit from reading it more than once. I have read many "self help" books but never really understood them and how to incoporate the principles behind them, however I don't know why but this book is definately changing the way I think about things and I do believe you ARE what you think. My life has not changed dramatically but the way I think about it has and also it has inspired me to make the right decisions for myself too. I love the little wise anecdotes too, very inspiring. As a sufferer of depression for many years and reading other books to help me I feel this book has done more than any other to help me.
on 5 July 2010
This is a good little book, easy to read with enjoyable exercises. The exercises are helpful in making choices about our lives and what we may want from life. It brings together basic suggestions from many other 'Self Help' books in a short compact version. I've enjoyed reading many 'Self Help' books including, Louise L Hay:'I can heal your life' (brilliant), Shakli Gawain:'Positive Visualization'(brilliant), Deepak Chopra: '7 Laws of Success'(brilliant). 'The Secret'(very good), Esther & Jerry Hicks(dreadful) and many more similar books, most of which I have learned to try to look at life more positively and through doing so, in spite of some of the horendous things that life has thrown at me, I have learned and still am learning to accept and love the simple things in nature and life. 'The Key to Living the Law of Attraction' is easy to read and contains shortened good cherry picked ideas from a variety of others similar books. If anyone wishes to expand upon any of the ideas, try some of my suggestions but avoid the long winded, boring, boring E&J Hicks/Abrahams.
on 10 February 2010
A succinct book with easy to read chapters, nothing too taxing for the mind and some good basic information here. It sets it out in an easy to follow format. Amazingly there is nothing startling within the text, but because of its simplicity it is a great book to absorb information from.
on 29 September 2011
I rarely, if ever, review a book as none have made a huge impact on my life - HOWEVER this particular book can be life changing. Not in the sense that money does flow into my life or I got the ultimate job just be reading it but I do follow the act of gratitude and anyone who does will tell you that their life is just a little bit better by acknowledging the things they have rather than bemoaning what they don't have. I'm on my third reading and finally put it into practice so watch this space.