Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 August 2013
A heart felt chronicle of life in Jamaica in the 1930s to 60s. A story that has so many twists and turns that the reader cannot fail to be transported back in time. Distressing yet amusing in a nostalgic way I couldn't put it down. I have the next Kerry Young book lined up to start reading tomorrow. I have learned so much background information about a county I love, despite all it's trials and tribulations. S Osbourne
on 11 July 2013
I found the way of writing in idiom a little difficult to start with but soon got into the swing. Great and believable story where you felt you really got to understand the individuals and their way of life. Well written and the story carries you along at a good pace.
on 11 September 2013
Fantastic follow up to Pao charting Gloria's version of the relationship between her and Pao...another fantastic brilliantly written book by Kerry Young a remarkably talented writer...
on 13 June 2013
I was expecting too much perhaps from this book as I had enjoyed Pao (her first book) so much. It took me a while to "get into it" but even then I was not engaged with the events as much as I had been in the first book. Also I had difficulty understanding the patois which occurred a lot more than in her previous book. I hope I am not nitpicking here. I am not sorry I bought it but I didn't really care enough about the characters this time. HER FIRST BOOK PAO I DID NOT WANT TO END.
on 8 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was glad I had read Pao first as there was some overlap and it was good to consider situations from both characters perspective.

I would recommend this book to anyone.
on 25 August 2014
This sequel to PAU by the same author Kerry Young captures the atmosphere of pre independent Jamaica in a manner that is both informative and entertaining. A well crafted book that I would recommend.
on 1 September 2013
This was very easy to read and kept going at a good pace. I enjoyed getting to know Gloria and am looking forward to number 3 although each book stands alone. Very well written
on 14 July 2014
Brilliant read cant wait for sequel
on 27 June 2015
I read this book after reading Pao. It is interesting how the author presents the same characters and same events from two different perspectives. I enjoyed it.
on 25 September 2014
Loved this book. Loved Gloria herself. A book that entertains and educates ignorant people like me about Jamaica and its history.