on 5 January 2013
This box set is very beautiful!! It makes its readers feel that they belong
in the magical world of Harry Potter!! It feels like the reader went
to the Library and was borrowed those three books!
Furthermore, each book has something special within it.
For example, in the book:

- Quidditch through the Ages, in the beggining of the book,
''special'' comments are said by famous witches such as
Bathilda Bagshot or Gildroi Lochart (not a very good
wizard!) and others who speak about Quidditch or about the (fictional)
writer of this book!

- Fantastic Beasts & where to find them, throughout the book
funny pictures - (like somebody drew them) of SOME beasts are appeared!

- Tales of Beedle the Bard, in the end of each tale, comments from
Proffesor Albus Dumbledore are noted!!

Please note than in the begging of each book, special notes are appeard,
either from the Librarian, from Harry Potter or -like in the Tales of Beedle
the Bard- it is noted that the translator of the book from Ancient Rouns is
Hermione Greinger!

*Note that the box set is a little heavy!!!

To sum up, I believe that each Harry Potter fan should own this, as I strongly
believe that he or she would feel as part of the Wizarding World of
Harry Potter and specificcally a member / student of Hogwarts School!

*Each boy or girl who is a Harry Potter fan should own it no matter what their
age is!!
Perfect for a gift!!!

Thank you for reading this!

.............................................................................
[...]

-> I would be happy to read & reply your comments - should you have!!!

Thank you!
on 1 November 2012
The Hogwarts Library is a fantastic collection of additional Harry Potter books written and illustrated by J. K. Rowling. The three books included in this set are Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them, The Tales of Beedle The Bard & Quidditch Through The Ages which have all been previously released in paperback with partial proceeds going to charity (Comic Relief & Lumos). While many fans will own these books already I feel this lovely set is a worthwhile purchase - I was thrilled to update my flimsy thin paperbacks with these wonderful, larger hardback editions. All three books come housed in a solid red sleeve with a gold embossed Hogwarts symbol on the front and back covers and the books themselves are presented with matching green, blue and red covers respectively. The gold embossed finish on each hardback really enhances this collectable boxset and, needless to say, the books are charming and well-written. Each one offers an extra glimpse into the magical world by exploring mysterious creatures, sporting history and enchanting fairytales with additional notes from our favourite wizards. Any Harry Potter fan will be thrilled with this set, suitable for muggles and wizards alike.
44 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2013
I'm a complete potter head so I was bouncing in my seat waiting for these books. They completely met my expectations and more. I would recommend that you but them if your a potter head like me.. However don't buy fantastic beasts and where to find them if you think it will give you insights to the film as it is literally a school text book my faveourite part about it was (SPOILER ALERT!!!) that harry and Ron and hermione have wrote all threw it. I hope this review has helped some of you decide whether it's a book collection for yourselfs or someone else..
on 22 December 2012
A lovely collection, the slipcase is red linen with gold embossing and matches the special edition box set. All the books have extra comments, either scribbles form Harry, Ron and Hermione or notes from Dumbledore. They are different to previous version and £4.80 from set will be donated to charity. A must for any fan.
on 3 March 2014
Bought these for my daughter who is thr biggest harry potter fan, she has all the other books, so these will do her as she hadnt read them yet, great books, very nice like old type books, great price too.
on 14 August 2013
I received this as a birthday present after dropping several hints about how amazing they would be. I was not disappointed. The books are beautifully presented in a lovely red box with the Hogwarts crest embossed on the front. Each book provided more background to the wizarding world of Harry Potter and just fills you with even more awe and admiration for JK Rowling for creating it - so many details! In 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' I found it fascinating to see the magical equivalent to our muggle fairytales. Even with the obvious magical contrasts they each have a very important moral. I also loved reading Dumbledore's notes on each of them which really helped you to understand them and the background.

I loved the additional scribbles of Harry and Ron in 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' - very amusing. It was also interesting to read about the sheer variety of creatures that exist in this world. Finally in 'Quidditch Through the Ages' it was wonderful to read all the history of the wizarding world's favourite sport and how each ball originated and was added to the game.

I thoroughly recommend this set to any Harry Potter fan as it not only provides extra reading about this magical world but it is (of course) extrememly well-written, fun and interesting to read!
on 28 November 2015
Brought this for my 9 year old daughter for Christmas as she is a massive Harry Potter fan. Ordered this Friday and came he next day, Great authentic packaging looks like it is from Hogwarts!!! Cannot wait to see what my daughter thinks, the books were in amazing condition. I got it this for a bargain price. Really pleased with the purchase, would definitely recommend to avid Harry potter fans or even non Harry potter fans. The books are bigger than i expected as well. VERY HAPPY!!
on 15 February 2013
My favourite of this fabulous trio of Harry Potter books is the Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. It covers all of the creatures featured in the Harry Potter movies (Phoenix, Basilisk etc) as well as providing information about the Dodo and the Loch Ness Monster. I enjoyed every single item covered. Next on the list is Quidditch through the Ages. This was one of those books I couldn't get into at first reading, but I persevered and it is quite fascinating. As well as the history/evolution of the sport, there are also a section on the different teams from around the world; a section regarding the rules/fouls and a section about the evolution of the racing broom. The least favourite is Tales of Beedle the Bard. This is a book containing 5 stories; each with an afterword by Albus Dumbledore. Of the 5 stories, only one has ever captured my imagination, and I have read the story a lot of times - Tale of the Three Brothers (The Deathly Hallows.) All in all, a good collection for any Harry Potter fan.
on 4 February 2016
This boxset is absolutely stunning and really goes well with the shrine I'm slowly building on my bookcase to Harry Potter. The books are different to their original release covers and all fit together on a shelf. Plus they're all hardback, so can't go wrong really in comparison to the flimsy versions of Fantastic Beasts and Quidditch.
on 30 May 2015
'Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them' was very fun with Harry's funny comments ergo it was the best. I also liked the other books. 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' stories were fun but Dumbledore's comments were somewhat boring. 'Quidditch Through the Ages' had useful information but not that exciting.