5.0 out of 5 stars authentic greece
I have learnt such a lot about greece from Hermes Diaktoris and his many expeditions around the Greek islands. he is such a powerful charactor but at the same time very laid back. His delving into the lives of others without causing upset is magic. Is he magic or is he real? I suppose I will find out eventually as I keep reading. I await the next book with baited breath.
Published on 5 Mar. 2013 by Jane Goodier

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as ever, but lacking in plot
I love Anne Zouroudi, and all of her books have been pleasurable reads for me. The series is by far the best crime solving I have encountered, with its unique way of investigating. I was not disappointed by The Bull of Mithros, however I feel I would have been more enthusiastic had I not read any of her other books. In comparison to previous novels, I felt that this...
Published 13 months ago by MaryMorstan

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars DELIGHTFUL, 13 July 2014
Really enjoyed this book from the Greek Detective Series. Anne Zouroudi KNOWS her Greek islands and the psychology of the people. I've been bored so often by writers who think they know the islands and people but have merely been there as tourists. Anne Zouroudi has lived and imbibed the culture, which is why her writing is so real. The idea of her Greek Detective being Hermes the Greek Messenger is captivating, together with the personalities and identities of his two crew men. Innovative and delightful. I look forward to reading more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for all lovers of Greece and her people., 10 July 2014
I love the Greek detective series. I have had a number of Greek holidays and these books transport me back there. It is like an authentic piece of Greek life.

5.0 out of 5 stars In praise of Hermes !, 23 Jun. 2014
Having been reared, or rather , rearing myself on a literary diet of " hard boiled " crime thrillers, from Mike Hammer, Chandler, right up to Pelicanos. Burke, Elroy, Connelly, Rankin and the peerless Leonard, how wonderful and how refreshing it was to meet Anne Zouroudi`s wonderful and intriguing character --Hermes Diaktoros ! I cannot get enough of this man. Also, Anne`s beautifully evocative descriptions, of small island life in Greece are spot on, They transport you right there from the written page ---the lifestyle, the scenery, the food, I think myself very lucky that I still have three more novels from Anne`s superb series still to read. Sure, we`d all love to be Jack Reacher --- but in my heart of hearts I know I`d rather be Hermes Diaktoros.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of things to eat!!, 11 Mar. 2014
I just love Anne Zouroudi's books. Her hero is almost always referred to as "the fat man", impeccably dressed but with white tennis shoes, engaged in investigations for "high authority", never defined and not the police. He always has time for a tasty snack - you can almost smell the olive oil and the herbs! Rather like Donna Leon's Commisario Brunetti who goes home for his wife's pasta.
I won't say any more for fear of spoiling the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars out of this world?, 23 Jan. 2014
Hermes Diaktoris once again weaves his magic upon the inhabitants of another small Outpost of Greece. With a large cast of characters, there is a danger of confusion, but the author skillfully weaves her way through the plot to ensure no one is forgotten. We are still unsure for what Authority Hermes wo

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 23 Jan. 2014
Both books were a great read and both gave a great insight into the culture of each of the countries. This together with unusual story lines have lifted them above the usual mystery/crime novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gods' Messenger, 24 Dec. 2013
Anne Zouroudi is one of the most sensitive writers I have come across. I shall never visit the Greek Islands, but if I do, this lady has shown an earthy part of it. I have even learned a couple of words of Greek. It combines mystery, detection and, above all, justice. Always heart warming, with the bad guys getting it and the good guys receiving their just desserts. I came across this writer when an offer was put on Kindle and I am hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great serie, 10 Dec. 2013
Brilliant books - you feel the sun of greece and follow that odd detective with avid curiosity
well worth discovering

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bull of Mithros, 10 Dec. 2013
Nice story, good entertainment like the others I have read. Sorry but I have now't more to say Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 19 Oct. 2013
I really enjoy these books and have read quite a few now. I love the links to mythology and the main character who is so likeable and full of stories from modern and ancient times. Probably the best descriptions in these books are of food which just make your mouth water. This book is a bit gruesome in places and some of the images of the victim have stayed with me. I will continue to read more of the Greek Detective and would encourage others to do so too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Bull of Mithros (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 6)
The Bull of Mithros (Mysteries of/Greek Detective 6) by Anne Zouroudi (Paperback - 6 Jun. 2013)